1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

View XBOX in 'My Computer'

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Leximus, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Leximus

Leximus Member

Hi guys,

I've just got the same problem I posted about a few months ago again where lots of my data on my XBOX h/d has just dissapeared although it shows that the space is still used up.

Someone mentioned on another site that I can get 'space monger' which I've downloaded already. They said it could help me if, like them, I could view my XBOX in 'my computer' on the pc. I've got the xbox appearing in my network places, but how do you get it to appear in My Computer.

Any help would be appreciated. Really need to sort this out as don't want to have to format and start filling this 400 GB drive AGAIN!

So annoying!

Thanks again for any help,

Lex

2. cakes227

cakes227 Guest

are you talking about ptting your hard drive in your computer or accessing it over your network?

3. Leximus

Leximus Member

As far as I can make out from what the guy said on the other site, I'd say it's over the network.

4. cakes227

cakes227 Guest

ok well is your xbox softmodded? do you see an ip adress in the bottom right screen of your xbox? do you know about ftping?

5. cakes227

cakes227 Guest

and what data is missing? cn you still load your dash?

6. Leximus

Leximus Member

OK, well everything in my f:videos & f:photos went. There may be some game files that dissapeared but i've tried 3 and they work. Didn't have any music on there. Overall it says 300 gigs of the 400 drive is used. I can only see about 100-ish.

XBMC files dissapeared so wouldn't load again.

All saves are intact.

I set up a folder called f:/FTP'd which was everything I transferred over recently - this was still intact.

Other than this, everything else was there.

Any ideas?

Any way to get my xbox recognised in my computer so I can use this SpaceMonger?

Thanks for your help bud. It's appreciated.

7. Leximus

Leximus Member

It's Executer 2.

The problem happened this morning whilst I was using XBMC's file transfer over my network into the FTP'd folder.

8. cakes227

cakes227 Guest

ok well you could do an ftp or you could take out your hard drive and unlock it and view whatever in xplorer 360 but idk if either of those will get your free space back. you could also re-create the drive with xbox hdm.

9. Leximus

Leximus Member

When this happened before I just had to back up the saves and format the whole thing using a slayers install. I think if I have to do that again this time I'm gonna send the h/d back to maxtor. It's gotta be faulty, no-one seems to have ever heard of this problem.

When you said I could do an FTP, I've FTP'd into the folders from my laptop but they're still empty. Is this what you mean?

Will Xboxhdm do a full scan of the hard drive or will it format it? Where can I get it from? Not heard of Explorer 360 either???

Thanks again.

10. cakes227

cakes227 Guest

11. Leximus

Leximus Member

OK, I'll give them a little mess about with at some point over the next couple of days and post back here with results. Might just send it back.

Thanks very much for your help with this,

Lex