1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

viewing SVCD

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by badkitty4, Oct 4, 2004.

1. badkitty4

badkitty4 Member

ok i used to use DVD X Player 2.0 . Worked great. I loaded svcd on daemon tools and open dvd x and movie played automatically in original aspect, BUT for some reason it wont work anymore.Says Failed to playback file unknown. WTF. So i downloaded version 3.0 same thing. So i reloaded windows, for other reasons. Nothing would play movies even on new install and reloading all codecs like nimo's pack , elecard mpeg2.Divx 5 finally got movies to play.Except dvd xplayer. Elecard mpeg player sucks i dont like it. Divx 5 player is ok.

What do you guys use to view SVCD?

2. stardust

stardust Regular member

Using Media Player Classic with build-in mpeg-2 plugin and never installed those damn code packs (DivX,FFDSHOW,XviD,AC-3 is enough for me). I have a Matrox G550 DualHead and when playing any size video in main display, I can watch it full screen in secondary display (TV). I have also DVD Station for RealMagic Hollywood+ card to play SVCD in another operating system.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2004
  3. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Just to kill it once for all, why don't convert the MPEG-2 to MPEG-1 to TEMPGenc with the M2V plugin which enables TMPGenc to load MPEG-2 files?