1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Viper Chip - Non backup/ripping releated question...

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by patricktp, Jan 29, 2005.

1. patricktp

patricktp Member

I'm interested in getting the Viper chip installed, I don't want to use it for backup gaming or running homebrew apps. I don't like the Freeloader and want to know if this chip makes the gamecube region free to play games from america, japan or europe without going through freeloader style actions like putting one disc in taking it and then putting the game you want to play, in? I just want to be able to put in ntsc or japanese games in my cube without having to go through freeloader.

Are there any places in the UK who you can buy a premodded GC with Viper installed or will install it in your cube for you? Thanks.

2. ssjowowo

ssjowowo Member

yes you can use viper with cobra bios 0.3/0.4 to play all games from all regions. you don't have to swap anything just put the game in and from the cobra bios menu choose original bios(region free). i do it all the time with my imported games

3. patricktp

patricktp Member

Thanks. do I have to have my gamecube connected to a PC though, for this to happen?