1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Viper GC - FIRST GAMECUBE MOD-CHIP

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by ssjowowo, Nov 24, 2004.

1. indienemo

indienemo Guest

yeah its all sounding ace...hope it ships on 6th Dec. I cant be doing with half life 2 style slippage

2. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Actually ProStyl3 it is not illegal forgot where I read it,but it is talking about being able to backup your games which is legal.It is illegal to burn games and distribute copies of the game which can't be done anyways.It is legal to actually though although I don't have the proof on me at the moment I could find it and show you it.I think the back of the book of the GameCube games are just giving warning to people that want to pirate games.If it is illegal to backup your games for Nintendo then how come it is legal to have flashcards an so forth for GBA handheld systems and alot more systems.I am talking about roms which is what the GC discs are right.I think if that is true about the Nintendo then they would sue every distributor that sells products that are not approved by Nintendo.I haven't heard any mention of them about to sue this company that is making this chip also.Another thing is that the streaming technique would then be illegal if this is true,since that would be considered backing up your games.I just need to go find the site that points out what is legal and what is not for Nintendo.

3. ssjowowo

ssjowowo Member

hey are u sure the chip is coming out on the 6th? where did u get that info?

4. indienemo

indienemo Guest

someone posted it in this thread..

5. avatar76

No one here has spoken about any of the great home brew software projects which have been fantastic for other platforms. The biggest one which springs to mind is the xbox media centre, this thing is truly fantastic you can play any video file straight off your pc and it even uses python scripting to be able to pull down all the links to the trailers on apple.com and play them. Then you've got other great projects like MameOX which allow you to play old abandonware arcade games through your console.
    Let's keep the conversation about positive aspects of the homebrew software market instead of going into the grey area of playing backups. Because lets face it, we all know that if it can run homebrew software it can sure as heck run an unsigned version of a game which was written for the cube.

6. indienemo

indienemo Guest

I myself think linux is one of the things im most interested in... if the chip cannot be made to play backups at then we stand a good chance of being able to patch the bba's firmware allowing 100/1000mbps transfers...has anyone here played the unsigned doom on their cubes yet, its absolutely ace, i want to see more games like this

7. Stormy15

Stormy15 Member

hi yes , on 6th December it should be available!

I don't know, is it legal or illegal to post sites with modchips? So i am new and I post this wonderful site where you can buy one!

Last edited: Dec 4, 2004
  8. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Oh ok cool so you would be able to order it on the 6th right.Is it possible to change the site into English,because it is a language I am not too familiar with.I hope it comes out real soon seems like that is the real deal.I guess the google language descrambler will have to do for right now.

9. Stormy15

Stormy15 Member

@L-Burna

I think you can't change the language, but I can translate it for you :). It's the onlyst shop i have saw the the chip! And it's a german shop :))

greetz Stormy15

10. ssjowowo

ssjowowo Member

check this out..
    http://www.ps2ownz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27111&page=3
    from what they are telling us in this forum, the chip will be out at the 9th and with the use of a third party bios, we can play BURNED mini-DVDs! i really can't believe it until i hear something official but the peson making these comments seems to be a reseller of modchips so it seems more or less reliable. they also state that an easier way fom copying gamecube games to the hard disk will be revealed other than the usual way! oh i really can't wait to hear more!!

11. ssjowowo

ssjowowo Member

for people that don't want to register here is the q&a to the administrator

12. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Yeah always thought that when the idea was brought out.It can be modified to play backup games with a hacked bios.The original bios is not capable of doing it,but they have it on the chip for legal reasons.The administor off the site ps2ownz didn't really say anything though.It is kinda like asking questions to someone that knows about this chip as much as we all do.

13. indienemo

indienemo Guest

on the 9th i want to see a new thread up for beta testing the new mod chip, everyone can report their findings and problems. ok?? also, does anyone know any bonafide resellers yet, im itching to preorder!

14. indienemo

indienemo Guest

anyone got the chip yet?? initial ideas?

15. ssjowowo

ssjowowo Member

nobody seems to have the chip. although an administrator of another forum said that a big online store has Viper-GC in stock, i've searched everywhere in the internet and i haven't found a thing. anyone spotted a store with chips in stock?

16. Mr69ways

Mr69ways Guest

17. ssjowowo

ssjowowo Member

check www.ps2ownz.com they have the real thing! pictures of the chip with installation guide sort of and even a loader program for the pc together with a bios release!

18. Stormy15

Stormy15 Member

Hi,

@ssjowowo

I Can't download The Tools, can you send me them? Or can you upload it on your Webspace? Please write back, I need them for later ^^

greetz
    StormRider

19. ssjowowo

ssjowowo Member

Stormy15 check your pm..

20. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I was wondering why are they releasing the tools to flash the modchip before the chip release.It sounds like they want someone to work on making a different flash code for it.I don't know,but sounds like a good plan to me.If they release the tools earlier I bet a hacked bios will be here earlier than expected.It still takes time,but probably won't be as long as if they would have released the tools after the chip release.I hope it does come out next week,been looking all over to see if any major modchip sites would have it on preorder atleast.I can't seem to find even a preorder sign on any major mod selling sites.I guess the best thing to do is wait,and read more on it.