1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Viper GC

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by SnipesXxX, Mar 22, 2005.

1. SnipesXxX

SnipesXxX Member

I've installed a few Xbox chips with no problems. Well one Xbox fragged but I just resoldered the chip with the pinheader and it worked fine.

How hard is it to install and most important will the system read DVD-R's with no problems? I am thinking about running it with the cover off or doing a mod with my dremel. I don't wanna bother if alot of tweaking is needed and if the system is real picky with media.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2005
  2. gulliver

gulliver Regular member

it's very easy to install (only 4 wires) but after reading your stipulations for getting one I would say don't bother. in order for you GC to run backups well you need to know what media your burner likes the best. meaning +R or -R; as well as manufactorer id. people seem to generally have better success with +R's but it really depends on what your burner likes best. I was having quite a bit of problems till I switched to +R, now they're all gone:)

So, if you're not willing to do any research or testing then I wouldn't get it.