1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

virgin media

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by zappp64, Jan 26, 2007.

1. zappp64

zappp64 Regular member

got a letter thru post saying TW NTL will be part of a new Virgin group called Virgin Media

will this effect us DBox owners in anyway, will Virgin decide to change the current encryption method (like Sky)

2. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

I doubt it very much as they would have to change every legit box they have and with the debt they have I don't think that is an option. They will just keep changing the encryption keys like today.

3. warbspeed

warbspeed Member

I got that Vigin bumf too, top quality printing! Must have cost em abit to post out to everyone!
    Its a worry but Fekkers right it'd cost em a fortune to change all the boxes....though Mr Brandson Pickle? who knows....gotta wait & see.

4. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

They are pushing out the TVDrive/V+ box in ntl areas just now so an encryption change would be suicide.

5. warbspeed

warbspeed Member

Deffo......He's not daft, as long as we all keep paying our £10 quids for basic package, should keep Virgin happy.
    The danger is when there are more descrambler owners than subs.......they'll do something then!

6. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

I don't think that would happen. Most of the guys that were selling them in my area stopped because the punters thought they bought lifetime support with the box. Also most of those who had them switched to legit packages because they twitched every time a CC van drove into the area. I reckon we are still in the minority and are more of "hobyists" for want of a better description (thieves?) so I believe we are safe for a long time to come.

7. zappp64

zappp64 Regular member

very true, I am willing to pay the extra for the basis subscription packages, ok I may be getting more than what I pay for. but well thats life then again I do pay them bastards at Sky 30 quid a month for the sports package...