1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

virgin or sky

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by chocco1, Oct 5, 2012.

1. chocco1

chocco1 Regular member

hi i currently have 2 a780 but want to upgrade to hd but a bit put off at £250 per new box,was working at a house who had skybox f3 and was wondering if it would be better changing to sky.i dont pay any subs at the moment and was told the sky box will be £165 with 1 year subs and then £80 each year after that,but would i have to pay 2x165 or could i buy 1 and then buy another box add the firmware myself or does both boxes have to be purchased already done ,what would be the best option as i need 2 boxes
    thanks in advance chocco

2. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

firstly never buy a years sub, whos to say they feck off after two months, buy your boxs yourself then shop around for a good cline, all the boxs now are easy to load firmware to, via a USB and same with a cline, you can add them with a USB in most cases, look at the openbox also

3. jimbo600

jimbo600 Regular member

you could quite easily buy 1 box like openbox or dreambox and use the kryptview box in the bedroom and the sky HD box in the living room,all you need to do is put a dish up and connect it to your internet then get yourself a cline that way if any thing happens to the kryptview box you have the sky box to fall back on and vice versa.
    i have a VM package that i use with cable and internet and then buy a cline for the
    the dreambox with full HD 3D that i use with sky, that way you can have both cable and sky.

4. chocco1

chocco1 Regular member

how would i get a cline and how much are they,do i pay monthly or yearly
    thanks chocco

5. darn24p

darn24p Regular member

yep best way to do it is by doing it urself u can get an openbox s11 for around 50 quid and very easy to set up and use all done via usb and look around for a cline they can range from 10er a month upto 100+ a yr just depends sometimes deals are too good to be true so if u do go down the sat route just do months at a time till u can trust them not to disapear i have been with mine for just over 2 yrs

6. chocco1

chocco1 Regular member

will a cline do 2 boxes or do u have to have a cline for each box

7. darn24p

darn24p Regular member

u can use 1 cline in 2 boxes as long as 1 box is off while the other is on or u can get banned from the provider for multi logging in with 2 boxes most providers do a deal on a second cline normally half price

8. cactikid

cactikid Active member

best not to use 1 for 2 as some boxes may power on after a power cut.

9. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

most suppliers of cline's will do deals, so if u have a good supplier and for the sake of a few quid, get two clines and be done with it

10. FlanT

FlanT Member

Sorry to sound stupid but can you explain 'cline' to me please. is this a card sharing server you are referring to ? cheers.

11. FlanT

FlanT Member

Ignore my question, think i got it sussed !