1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Virtual VCR recording resets

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by Ogilvie, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Ogilvie

Ogilvie Guest

Gday all,
    I am having a weird problem with virtual vcr. I am capturing foxtel s-video through a Leadtek PXDTV2300H. I start a recording using huffyuv/pcm and it records perfectly, until I change the input on my receiver to watch something else. when I return to the HDMI input for PC I can see that the capture file has restarted from the point where I changed back. I have tried different compression / no compression but it still happens. If I don't change the input on my receiver it will record successfully but this is not convenient. (see sig for details of my setup). If anybody has any ideas i would love to hear them....

Also would love to hear of any other software similar to VirtualDUB/ VirtualVCR that could be used for capture. The leadtek software that cam with the card doesnt like windows 7 and booting into XP just to capture is becoming tedious.

2. Ogilvie

Ogilvie Guest

Just incase anyone cares, i seem to have fixed this problem by turning the preview off in VirtualVCR. I am doing a capture now of a 1hour (42min) show. I will report back if it is successful. It is going without a hitch so far.

3. Ogilvie

Ogilvie Guest

Disabling the preview worked. I hope this helps someone else.