1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VirtualDub 4 GB limit

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Rudeboi, Jan 8, 2005.

1. Rudeboi

Rudeboi Member

hello everyone...i was joining 2 .avi files using VirtualDub and when it got to 4GB an error message popped up and said cannot go past 4GB on a FAT32 file...or something like that...i have more than enough space to save the movie (18GB Left) and i want to know how to change it so i can join both and not get that message...thanks!

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

How are you getting a file so big? Are you using Video__Direct stream copy (correct) or you're using Video__Full processing without compressing it (very wrong)?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2005
  3. Rudeboi

Rudeboi Member

i am using Video__Direct stream copy...and now all of a sudden i just start the program and i open the .avi file the box boxes r empty and when i click append AVI segment and click part 2 it says "This AVI doesn't have a movie data block(movi)!" and i opened those same files before and now this happens....help!?

*edit* im sorry...i was very wrong...i was looking at the audio instead of the video and it was at the full processing...but i still need help with the other error message thanks

*edit* nevermind...i figured it out...but thank you for telling me to change that.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2005