1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Virtualdub cutting audio

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by jtwn, Jan 11, 2004.

1. jtwn

jtwn Member

Hi, Ive got a problem when splitting an avi file i have, virtualdub splits the file and the video comes out fine though the audio only is for about 17 or 18 mins but the video is probably about 44 mins. I have enough space on my hd and have checked the settings. The original's sound is all the way through. Im pretty sure on the other half it is the same aswell.

Thing is, i split a file before on that and everything came out fine.

Any suggestions? Or does anybody know of better/alternative programs that arent limited or anything.

Thanks

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

What is the audio Format in your AVI file??? Did you get a "Improper VBR Audio Stream" error when you Loaded your AVI into Virtual-Dub??? Are you trying to Cut the Files so you can encode the Pieces to VCD/SVCD??? if so you can allways cut them after being encoded to mpeg....

3. jtwn

jtwn Member

The audio is mp3, 148 kb/s gspot reports (74/ch, stereo) VBR LAME3.91 / 48000 Hz.

There are no errors when loading it into virtualdub and yes, i am trying to cut the files for them to be encoded to svcd. Ive tried using another avi splitter, but the second part's audio comes out 2 or 3 seconds later then the video, no matter what settings I try.

I was thinking of cutting them after being encoded to an mpeg but tmpenc says it will take 5 or so hours do to the whole one against 2hr30 for the splitted (on Athlon 2600+ 512mb Ram 3gb free hd space) and id really like to watch it today you see...

Thanks

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well What would Probably solve your Problem is if you decompressed the audio in the AVI file before cutting it ,You can use a Simple tool called "Decompress.exe" which will turn your AVI with compressed audio to an AVI file with uncompressed Audio which you should be able to edit without sync Problems as long as you do the Cut on a Keyframe....