1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VirtualDub Problem...

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by topgear, Apr 24, 2005.

1. topgear

topgear Member

Hi all, came across this forum, in my journey in trying to figure out the stupid problem with virtual dub...

Anyhow here's the problem, I follow the steps and split my xvid/movie in to, it works fine, both parts cut in half.

But..about 30 mins into each part the movie just stops, I found out the first time when i actually burnt the whole movie and it stopped on my dvd player! I was pissed!

any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks in advance!

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

If you have the useful codec and the original movie was an AVI, it should work fine, provided that both 'Video' and 'Audio' are set on Direct Stream Copy. Just you have to take care with the 'Video__Select range' command. If something wrong happens, VirtualDub always gives you an error message.

Playing the AVI files on your PC, do you manage to see the whole movie? If it is so, maybe the problem arose on the CD burning..
    How did you burn that movie? Were both CD1.AVI and CD2.AVI less than 700 MB?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2005
  3. topgear

topgear Member

both watching the split version on the comptuer and DVD player stops at the same point, and yes i did the direect stream for both audio and video