1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VirtualDub Problem

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by AlucardXX, Jun 15, 2006.

  1. AlucardXX

    AlucardXX Member

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2005
    Messages:
    35
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    I have an avi with no audio, but I have the audio stream I want for it (wav format, the only reason I made it mute was to take the audio and amplify the sound so it could be louder then place it back ). When I play the avi with the wav audio stream it matches perfectly, the movements (sound or action) are in sync 100%, I don't need the whole file, only about 25mins of it so I delete alot of frames(but only after placing the sound). Once I get what I want I play it once again just to make sure the sound and movements are at sync, and they are... so I save the file and wait. The problem is when I play the new saved file the audio seems to be 5secs or so ahead of the action/movement. Why does this happen? Did I forget to do something? Or is there another way to amplify the sound without waiting 3 hours? PPPPLLLLLZZZZZ Help!!!! Ps....The only thing I change is the video compression option to Microsoft MPEG-4 Video codec V3 its faster and looks better and also the file I end up with is alot smaller.
     
  2. SOCOMII

    SOCOMII Regular member

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2005
    Messages:
    784
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    26
    Well you can fix this delay by going to virtualdub Streams > STREAM LIST > Then hit "intervealing" and play around with the delay using positive and negative numbers till it sound about right.

    Really, Try something else like XviD or DivX.

    3 hours, using what? Besweet can amplify the sound, and so can virtualdub under "volume" though i dont know how well that works.
     
  3. AlucardXX

    AlucardXX Member

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2005
    Messages:
    35
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Thanks I didn't know about those, that will fix my problem. And about the amplifying the audio in virtualdub, I can't seem to do it the options are there but are in grey so I can't use them. I have the VirtualDub MPEG2 1.6.15 maybe I need another version or something. My goal here is to amplify the sound so it can be as loud as posible.
     
  4. AlucardXX

    AlucardXX Member

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2005
    Messages:
    35
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Thanks alot socomII I figured it out I used DivX and it was alot faster and it looks ok. : )
     
  5. SOCOMII

    SOCOMII Regular member

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2005
    Messages:
    784
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    26
    Great :) if the optins are still greyed out just hit "Full proccesing mode" and they shouldnt be.
    Good luck
     

Share This Page