1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VirtualDub Sampling rate errors

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Xevlys, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Xevlys

Xevlys Regular member

ok when I run virtual dub and try to append it says they have different sampling rates. it kinda pisses me off because they are off by .00002 I mean come on... oh well

I know someone already wrote a guide to this here: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/309635, but headac3he wont work for me. it keeps coming up with windows error must close when I hit start.

I found a different converter and converted them both although only 1 was VBR, but I still get the error of video rates do not match.

any help will be greatly appreciated

2. SOCOMII

SOCOMII Regular member

did you try with FFMPEG GUI

I found this in the guide

3. Xevlys

Xevlys Regular member

ok i just got FFMPEG GUI and did it but it gave same error when trying to append the AVIs. It seems like nothing is changing when I do these things and its kinda annyoing :/. well the one change is that when i open my second one it doesnt say its VBR anymore, but the first one never said that anyway.

I've changed the audio MP3 CBR and AC3 now and neither worked.

4. SOCOMII

SOCOMII Regular member

are they both ac3, are you sure you did this right>?

5. Xevlys

Xevlys Regular member

Yes. I ripped the audio with full processing mode into a wav from each one. then i used ffmpeg gui and cnverted them into AC3 then opened VirtualDubMod and disabled the old audio and added the new one. Then saved as a new .AVI. Then opened VirtualDub and tried to append them but it didnt work. said the same error as before where the video sampling rates are different. the first is still 23.97602 and the second is 23.97600.

in addition, i was trying to join episodes of a show. it was 57 to 58 , but 58 seems to have weird audio and plays at low volume when i play it in DivX so i tied the same thing with 56 to 57 and it gave me a different error. it said that the formats were different.

thanks for your help anymore would be appreciated :)

6. SOCOMII

SOCOMII Regular member

hmm, thats streange.
    just as one final try, try to convert the audio with besweet, and see if that helps at all.

7. Xevlys

Xevlys Regular member

no offense, but ive tried it with 4 different converters now in 2 different file formats and it hasnt worked. it seems like youre telling me to do the same hing over and over :/, but i guess ill try that.

8. SOCOMII

SOCOMII Regular member

yes well are the videos the same in other aspects, such as frame rate and resolution.
    Have a look through this and see if it helps @ all
    www.virtualdub.org/blog/pivot/entry.php?id=73

Last edited: Jun 26, 2006
  9. Xevlys

Xevlys Regular member

according to that article vitrualdub is more for joining an avi hat has been split in the past, but mine are simply 2 different avi that i just wanna join together then convert for a DVD. the episodes will fit 15-20 on a single DVD and it seems like a waste to do one at a time. Am i going about this completely worng or is there another program i should use? I've been working on this two days now and sorta about to give up -_- >_<

and right now im pretty sure the frame rates are the same, but in virtualdub the frame rate is oly listed to 3 decimal points (.000) , but when i try to append they are off by .00002 so they are displayed the same, but may be different im not sure. The problem is im on someone elses laptop at school so i cant check them right now >_<

Last edited: Jun 26, 2006
  10. SOCOMII

SOCOMII Regular member

why not use a video authoring program like windvd for example, and then just drop the files in there edit them if you like and then just burn them to a dvd. with a nice menu and everything.

11. Xevlys

Xevlys Regular member

i lost the remote for my DVD player so a menu would kinda hurt me cos i cant select anything but play lol >_< could you provide a link or just write a complete guide on how to do this? >_>

12. SOCOMII

SOCOMII Regular member

13. Xevlys

Xevlys Regular member

thx so much ill try it when i get home.
    once again thx! :)

14. SOCOMII

SOCOMII Regular member

15. Xevlys

Xevlys Regular member

Ok i didnt get to post back yesterday but i tried it and it works perfectly for what im trying to do :) I guess i was just trying this the completely wrong way lol. Once again, (i know it can be repetitive >_>) thx for your help!

16. SOCOMII

SOCOMII Regular member

glad to see you got it all working =)

17. Xevlys

Xevlys Regular member

just one last question >_> when i play the DVDs the subs appear halfway below the bottom of the screen so i can only see the top half. Its kinda hard to read em do you know if i can fix this?

18. SOCOMII

SOCOMII Regular member

are the subtitles embedded into the video>?

19. Xevlys

Xevlys Regular member

uhhh i didnt have to add anything to the video when i downloaded it they just showed up so i am going to assume yes >_<

20. SOCOMII

SOCOMII Regular member

this is porably a problem with overscan so check in nero if there are any options to remove overscan or add black bars or something. also play the files on your computer (from the dvd, wiht a software dvd player like media player classic) and see if you can see them there.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2006