1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VirtualDubMod AC3 ACM Decoder?

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by DiRect, Jan 27, 2007.

1. DiRect

DiRect Regular member

I am trying to convert an MKV to AVI using VirtualDubMod using Direct Stream Copy. The video works fine, but I can't get the audio to convert to AC3 or MP3 or anything. It keeps saying that no Audio Decompressor Could Be Found to Process Audio or something like that. I have installed the AC3 ACM Decoder and still no luck. I can see it in the VirtualDubMod Full Processing Mode under "compression" but when I select an option and try to "Save WAV", I get the same error. Any help? I would like to keep the AC3 audio, but I need to know how. Thanks for all your help guys :)

2. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Are you saying that the original source audio is already AC3? If so do nothing, set to Direct Stream copy and hit Save WAV. Even though the saved file will have a .wav extension Add it back into Vdub and you should see the exact same AC3 parameters as your original. You can tell by the small file size that it's not a wav file. You would use 'Full Process' to convert a WAV to AC3.

3. DiRect

DiRect Regular member

I tried your method, but it didn't work out. The audio wouldn't play in any of my players (VLC Media Player, Winamp, Windows Media Player and even Nero's AC3 Player). I added the audio into the Direct Stream Copy video file I created, and it doesn't work. Does anyone know what's wrong? I am pretty sure the audio is AC3, but VirtualDubMod does not show me this information.

4. MysticE

MysticE Active member

5. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Quite possible that the audio is aac not AC3 and as far as I know there is no ACM aac decoder.

Like the popup states when you first run it; VDubMod's mkv support is out of date.

6. DiRect

DiRect Regular member

celtic_d - you were right, it's AAC. How do I convert this audio into AC3 or MP3 for my video?

7. DiRect

DiRect Regular member

Okay, I must have tried 50 methods by now, and none of them are working. First, I used BeLight to convert, and downloaded all the plugins to it. Then, when I tried to convert to AC3, I kept getting the error: fatal error. MAXFRAMESIZE not large enough. Then, I searched a little on the internet and I found VLC is capable of this too, and I tried, but it came up with a 0 kb AC3 file. I am about to give up, does anyone have a way I can convert my AAC file that I extracted using MKVExtractGui to an MP3 or AC3 5.1 audio file? thank you.

8. MysticE

MysticE Active member

9. DiRect

DiRect Regular member

I tried that link and the link for FFDSHOW inside that link is broken. I then searched on the internet, and downloaded FFDSHOW, but it turned out to be for video? I don't know where to get the FFDSHOW Audio Decoder, does anyone have any ideas?

EDIT: I tried that method, and it didn't work out. It outputted a significantly large AC3 file, around 203 mb, and when I muxed it in VirtualDubMod with the video, the audio still did not work. Any ideas?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2007
  10. MysticE

MysticE Active member

ffdshow should have an audio set up page.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. DiRect

DiRect Regular member

Yes, I got that working and I converted to AC3 and got a 203 mb AC3 file with no audio?