1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Virtumonde?? Please Help!

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by Adamc2326, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Adamc2326

Adamc2326 Member

Hi

I have over the past couple of days noticed my laptop has become very slow and connecting to the internet seems to pause for a lifetime!

I ran a virus scan using my antivirus software being Virgin PC Guard which detected nothing I also tried using adaware which again found nothing.

I finally used spyboot search and destroy which detected two problems

: Microsoft windows security center antivirus overide
    : virtumonde

I have removed them but everytime i rescan they are back is there anyway of removing them for good after reading similar forums I have tried spyhunter this detects the trojan horse virtumonde but before I go and pay £30 can someone tell me if this gurantee's to remove it for good.

All help would be very much appreicated

Thank you

Adam

2. hilu

hilu Member

Hi

Download and Run HijackThis
    Download HJTInstall.exe to your Desktop.

*Doubleclick HJTInstall.exe to install it.
    *By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
    *Click on Install.
    *It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
    *Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
    *Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
    *Copy/Paste the log to your next reply please.

Don't use the Analyse This button, its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted.

Don't have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

3. echoreply

echoreply Regular member

i seriously doubt that it will. some variants can be difficult to remove without some help. post the hjt log.

echoreply