1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

virus for starview on the way 4m ntl

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by crazy4u2, Jul 7, 2007.

1. crazy4u2

crazy4u2 Member

has anyone heard that ntl are about to send a virus through the tvs to kill off the starviews ie ntl off in dublin for almost 24 hours the other night,reason been they were upgrading.

2. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

I havent heard a thing sorry

3. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

were did you hear this.

4. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

heard that stuff before and turned out to be a hoax !
    and 1st ive heard of a tv virus !!

5. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

what i heard (and believe to be true) is that two lads from ballymun went around cutting all the n** cables in every area in ballymun.thats how finglas and the surrounding area was affected.to me that sounded the most likly because i have friends from ballymun and finglas and both of there n** was gone and i live in the city centre just 5 min walk from o'connell street and my N** was fine no problems at all.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2007
  6. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

mine was grand too in d3. what kind of idiots would cut tv cables anyway !!

7. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

i was on the bus with a guy who knew them he said they did it for a laugh.

also if they were to send out some kind of virus(highly doubt)would it not kill there own boxs also.

main you wouldn't believe what goes on out there.my granny lives there and her cable was cut for no reason before.someone cut the eircom phone line so she had no house phone for 4 weeks.it was just fixed last Thursday.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2007
  8. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

unreal !!
    Fergus saying that there's problems already with v4.5
    Typical , it sound like v3.00 for sv all over again..
    logging off now talk later

9. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

see you later :)

10. graygit

graygit Member

I LIVE IN BALLYMUN PEOPLE GO AROUND DOING STUPID THINGS LIKE THAT EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK ITS BALLYMUN FOR F*** SAKE

11. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

graygit

Turn off your caps or you will be banned from here forum rules ok

12. graygit

graygit Member

i didnt know sorry

13. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

i live in ballymun on the weekends (ballcurris) and i was on the bus (13) and someone told me.so it wasn't someone outside of ballymun to say it,it was someone who lives there.

14. graygit

graygit Member

i live in ballymun all my life so i know what its like.....
    i unlock phones supply chargers and anything els got to do whit phones so if you need anything give me a shout

15. dubmale

dubmale Member

hi guys new to this whole thing but my box went down this morning and only seem to have rte and the like ,, i did have the guy i bought it off download softwear into it few weeks back so it would aout update but that does,nt seem to be working now can anyone please help i have some very unhappy kids here this morning ha ha ,,i,d really appreciate any help

16. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

not all the channels are gone only half of them.

17. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Ryan as you said only some are gone the C***** network has not gone down so i would say it is a network thing with N** so i would say to people wait for a while could be a breakdown in there service so be patient if there is a key change we will get it so be patient

18. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

fergus i have my channels back now.all you need to do is do a factory reset and scan the channels back.

19. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Ya mine are fine here have not been affected trying to get the family to do there now thanks

20. topguy

topguy Guest

I have auto update the lad who sold this to me put it onfew weeks ago and was fine till this morning only a small amount of channels some free to air some not like sky sports 1 just or mutv not tv3 or anything I left it alone for a fews hoirs but nothing. So reading this tread i reset factory setings went to sky sports and watched it update till was unscrambled and rescanned my channels but still the same problem..

If anyone has any ideas id appricate it il be back on later many thanks lads and ladies..

:)