1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VIRUS FOUND IN VCD GALAXY

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by h2ld, Mar 15, 2002.

1. h2ld

h2ld Member

VCD Galaxy had virus on "uninstall.exe", for my computer. So beware...

2. maze00

maze00 Guest

I use the combopack v2.7, great program, is this the same thing you are talking about? Which virus was it, what effects, how did you clean?

Maze

3. bilkido

bilkido Member

Hi just checked my copy of vcd galaxy and you are right there is one in the uninstall exe.My virus protection told me that it was a backdoor Trojan and I was able to safely get rid of this virus.Thanks for this as god only knows what kind of damage this might have done.

4. Ketola

Ketola Turned ninja Staff Member

5. bilkido

bilkido Member

Hi again I used Norton Anti-virus.It doesn,t work when you scan the program but picks it up when you do a full scan.

6. Ketola

Does Norton give a name for the Trojan or does it just suspect an infection? I'm pretty sure it's a bogus alarm you can safely ignore.

7. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

Interesting. I just did a scan using the latest NAV defs and did not find a virus in the 2.7 combo. perhaps there are multiple instances of the combo out there.

8. Ketola

Both versions available via our site (the primary and the secondary download site) are clean.

9. andavari

andavari Member

From time to time any antivirus companies signature/definition files can falsely detect a virus but the false positive is typically rectified with the next signature/definition update since people will complain about the slightest infected file they find rather it is cleanable or not. Also you cannot trust just one antivirus software package to truely know if your system is either clean or infected.

10. kyleva123

kyleva123 Guest

Hello! Ohh WOW a remote backdoor. Ouch you got a prb not! Do you even know what a back door trojan is? Um i dont think so! All that is is a server! very easly uninstalled! It does not do any damage to you computer! And its not evan a virus its a trojan! A RAT Trojan RAT = Remote Admin Tool It lets you get into the PC. You can creat these in VB and c++! All it doese it recives a command from the client and doese it. Heres one of them www.netdevil.com! And you can only getahold of the PC if they know you IP. So like dont be alarmed. But if its high in deleting. Then you got a prob. So like the person on the other line needs to delete it. Or you can fig out what port it is on by getting a port scanner and then find the server program off the internet. But its kinda hard. So Just restore you pc to a different Save point ;-). Um thats it. But a romote back door is nuttin to be worried about. :)

11. kyleva123

kyleva123 Guest

Um jnihil firs of all the virus is in date or either you virusscan progam is out dated. Most trojans today cant be scaned. Its undectable. Like i said it not really a virus or trojan.