1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Virus infestation problem

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by Kafka, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Kafka

Kafka Regular member

I ran Glary Utilities and my browsers appear to have speeded up.

2. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

OK, I am looking over the HJT Log now to see what I can find.. be back soon

3. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 6
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3068 Mb

I’m not trying to bad mouth your computer…But, a dual core 1.86GHz processor with only 3 GB of ram just cannot ever become a speed demon. :(

I’ll try to help as much as possible, tho.

First you have the AVG Toolbar still dragging you down:

Go -> HERE! and use one of these methods to remove the AVG toolbar and other leftover AVG stuff.

Then use HJT to fix these lines:

Remove Hijackthis Entries
    • Run HijackThis
    • Click on the Scan button
    Put a check beside all of the items listed below (if present):

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {45564571-A21B-48ED-B584-69752EEE9C3D} - (no file)
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [USBToolTip] C:\PROGRA~1\Pinnacle\SHARED~1\Programs\USBTip\USBTip.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\Windows\system32\igfxtray.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Persistence] C:\Windows\system32\igfxpers.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EaseUs Watch] "C:\Program Files\EaseUS\Todo Backup\bin\EuWatch.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EaseUs Tray] "C:\Program Files\EaseUS\Todo Backup\bin\TrayNotify.exe"

Close all open windows and browsers/email, etc...
    • Click on the "Fix Checked" button
    • When completed, close the application.

After you have run the AVG removal, check your HJT Log to see if the following lines are still there.. If they are, let me know and I’ll give you another fix to remove them… They should be gone after the removal though..

O23 - Service: vToolbarUpdater15.2.0 - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\AVG Secure Search\vToolbarUpdater\15.2.0\ToolbarUpdater.exe
    O23 - Service: vToolbarUpdater15.3.0 - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\AVG Secure Search\vToolbarUpdater\15.3.0\ToolbarUpdater.exe

2oG

4. Kafka

Kafka Regular member

When I clicked HERE to access methods to remove the AVG toolbar I got AVG's website and couldn't find any removal methods. I ran Hijack This anyway and followed your instructions anyway but the offending lines were still there (I assume this is because I hadn't removed the toolbar).

5. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Try this:

1. Download the AVG Browser Configuration Tool.
    2. Run the downloaded file AVG_Browser_configuration_tool.exe.
    3. Click Accept to confirm the license agreement.
    4. Click Continue to start the removal process.
    Note: This will close all your browser windows.
    5. You may receive a prompt from Internet Explorer or other browsers about your preferred search engine.
    6. Click Exit to close the tool.

It is the same and should work.

6. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

It's my bed time... I must rise early in the morning so will have to catch you tomorrow..

Let me know how that turns out.

2oG

7. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

regarding minitool not working,assuming there are no partitions after C & all you have is free space

check minitools menu to see if you can create a boot disc of it or just download gparted or some other bootable partitioning software & shrink C that way,its because Windows has locked C as to why minitool won't work within windows,it will ask you to reboot but it will fail when windows reboots

unsubbed

8. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Minitool does work within windows. Kafka was able to shrink the C partition with it. The problem is that he was looking for a drive letter on the unallocated space and this will not happen until you have partitioned that space...

Yes you can download and burn a Boot CD that does not rely on windows to work. I use one often..

9. Kafka

Kafka Regular member

I Didn't have much luck with Minitool. I ended up shrinking the C partition using Disk Management. I then created a new volume and allocated a drive letter to it.

I have to mind my granddaughter this morning but will return this afternoon.

10. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Sounds great. All my grand kids are in their 20's, but I have fun with the Great Grand Kids :)