1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Virus or problem ( iexplore.exe) Please help

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by Nrth16, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Nrth16

Nrth16 Regular member

I was shutting down my computer the other day an notice something called iexplore.exe was not shutting down I had to end now in the task manager. I tried doing a search for iexplore and a bunch of things come up and I am not sure which is the proper way to remove it. I also checked my add/remove to see if something would be in there but nothing.

Please help!

2. steimy

steimy Active member

That is Internet Explorer, you may want to google that file or error before you start deleting things.

3. mingmang

mingmang Guest

you should have closed internet explorer before shutting down.

4. Nrth16

Nrth16 Regular member

I am not really sure what the deal was with this iexplore exe thing but I know my computer was really slow and could not figure it out. I did a search on google and some people said it was just the explorer and some said it was a virus. Since my computer was running really slow and every time I checked the task manager this iexplore.exe was on i knew it had to be some kind of virus because everytime I ended the program it would turn on things so I backed up all my files to my external hardrives and did a reboot.

so I am back and working faster then ever!