1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Virus Software

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by jon3, Feb 17, 2012.

1. jon3

jon3 Member

Friends can you inform me about best antivirus software Which support for Windows 7

2. aldan

aldan Active member

personally,i use avira.its light on resources,it works,and best of all its free.

3. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

web search for reviews..nough said

unsubbed

4. jon3

jon3 Member

Hi Aldan Thanks for your kind information.

5. Datanen

Datanen Guest

Microsoft Security Essentials is the best virus software!

It is light and user-friendly.

You can download it here: windows.microsoft.com/mse

6. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

AVG and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Been using these two for ages and I've never had any problem at all.

7. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

i use microsoft security essentials , malwarebytes anti-malware and super antispyware.

8. tamannah

tamannah Member

i am using AVG . . . It is fine with me . . .

9. sinkmoscow

sinkmoscow Member

I prefer Avast,Avira or Microsoft Security Essentails from the free programs.

10. aminbd

aminbd Member

Hello aldan!I tried to visit a website yesterday but could not as there was a warning that my pc was affected by virus.I use escan on the pc of my office, and can not switch to avira as the central administration of my institution will not allow. How could I get rid of this problem, please?

11. aldan

aldan Active member

ok,first,if you can download,update and run malwarebytes,and delete anything it comes up with.next,download,update and run superantispyware and delete anything it comes up with.next,download,update and run hijack this and post a log.do not fix anything with hjt yet.what antivirus are you using now?

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  12. aldan

aldan Active member

microsoft security essentials and windows firewall.

13. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

Kaspersky Antivirus 2013 is by far the best antivirus out there. It runs in a protected mode and scans for rootkits in a regular scheduled scan. It also updates daily and it seems to find virus/malicious programs that no other antivirus programs find. I personally have a subscription to 1-5 computers which was only $90 for a year. It's only $50 for a year subscription for 1-3 computers.

Since i own a computer store i advise almost all of my customers with previous virus issues to buy Kaspersky when the 30 day trial i put on their computers expire. Most of them will buy the program and tell me how much they like it.

http://www.kaspersky.com

Microsoft security essentials has some huge flaws when ran in xp and there is a special update available through windows update. In most cases i've seen that microsoft security essentials gets turned off and stops protecting your computer so the malicious programs can do whatever they want. I've seen rootkits that get installed this way and then the mbr gets corrupt. In the end you have a computer that turns on with a flashing cursor. With vista and windows 7 it's about the same. MSE will find infections and disinfect them but it never does a thorough job. It will leave behind the root file or a mbr infection and it will just keep coming back if you continue to use mse.

http://www.microsoft.com/mse

AVG will miss pretty much all of the newer malicious programs and have more false positives than the rest. AVG is pretty horrible, it doesn't protect against rootkits either.

http://www.avg.com

Norton 360 and Mcafee slow down your computer to a crawl. Norton will infect your computer with random false positives if your subscription expires. They are 2 horrible programs to stay away from. Though they have made deals with best buy and office max to get on every new computer. So they still have a large customer base, not from being a good product though. And when i say crawl (i own a g53sx, i7, 16gb ram, 120gb ssd beast) it lags so horribly bad you start thinking you didn't click on the option you selected.

http://www.norton.com and http://www.mcafee.com

Panda Antivirus works great but it does slow down your computer, it's not nearly as bad as norton and mcafee. It protects against pretty much everything and it's about the same price as kaspersky. Though Kaspersky is the best, and i don't think panda av has a rootkit scanner.

http://www.pandasecurity.com

Hope that helps you make a decision.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  14. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

I had Norton on my computer and after it expired it wouldn't let me connect to the internet.After I un-installed it everything started working fine.Norton is a pain in the butt.I'm originally from Warren,Michigan by the way.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  15. fakhrul95

fakhrul95 Member

dear friend u try Kasper sky antivirus.this is the best antivirus in the world.