1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Virus??

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by EMIN3M, Jun 17, 2007.

1. EMIN3M

EMIN3M Guest

My laptop has become really slow.Im posting the hijack this log - please tell me if there's a problem.Also are there any unning processes that i can end as there are many of them and i think some are unncessesary.

2. Fredil

Fredil Regular member

Hello EMIN3M,

I cannot personally say that I like their music :) However, I will still try my best to help you get clean!

Please don't quote logfiles, it makes them look odd.

Give me a moment or two to get back to you.

3. Fredil

Fredil Regular member

There isn't very much wrong with your hijackthis log except

F2 - REG:system.ini: Shell=Explorer.exe,C:\WINDOWS\system32\NETSVCS.EXE
    F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,C:\WINDOWS\system32\DisMgnt.exe

which indicate a worm (info here) and a trojan.

Let's get started. Please open up your Start Menu and Run. In the box that appears, type "cmd" (without the quotes). A black window should open. In that black window, type exactly what is below (no copy and paste, sorry...):

del /F "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\HOSTS"

If it says that it cannot find the path specified, then try again, making sure there are no typoes.

Next, open up Notepad. Copy and paste the following line into the document:

127.0.0.1 localhost

2 SPACES BETWEEN THE 1 AND THE localhost!

Then, open up File > Save. Under "File type", select "All files". Save it in C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc and name it HOSTS.

Using Internet Explorer or Firefox, do a scan with Trend Micro HouseCall.

Reboot your computer and post another HijackThis log.