1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

viruswebprotect2008? HJT-Log

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by freeme, Aug 17, 2008.

1. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

probably is, but I'm not looking for it.. [​IMG]

2. freeme

freeme Member

Ha, you were a fast one there. =)

No, he didn't give me the system CD. It's a dell computer. I'll see if i can get a hold of the recover CD. Will that do?

Perhaps I shall wait with running the sfc /scannow until I have a CD?

I, myself, am not running genuine xp os. I run my antivirus and firewall and adblock plus on firefox. It's running perfectly but after this i'm getting curious... What does MY OWN HJT-log look like?!

=)

3. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Don't put off running sfc /scannow, it may not need the CD. Yes, a recovery disk will do, as long as it has the i386 folder on it. it may be on the HD so run it. if it it can't find it, you can just stop it when it asks for a cd, until you get one..

4. freeme

freeme Member

Ok. Tried that. But when clicking OK i see the DOS prompt flashing quickly and then disappearing. Then nothing.

5. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Close all windows and stop any running programs.

Goto -> Start -> Run, and then type cmd

At the command prompt, type chkdsk /X C:

Chkdsk runs and automatically repairs the volume.

If the following message appears, type Y.

“Cannot lock current drive. Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use
    by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the
    next time the system restarts?”

The next time the computer is started, Chkdsk will automatically run.

6. freeme

freeme Member

2OG, seems we're not done yet. I just noticed my friend have given administrator priviledges (spelling?) to 2 other accounts on the computer. Logging in to one of them I got a lot of systemwarnings of files not existing. Virus files and warnings that were supposed to pop up. MBAM and HJT log below. The 2nd account seemed to be free from viruses. How do I get everything clean once and for all? Do I have to clean one account after the other and go through all of them? As You said everything looked fine from the admin account. (If I had known all of this before, I would have saved the important files and told him to format C: and do a clean install.)

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.25
    Database version: 1070
    Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

17:57:07 2008-08-19
    mbam-log-08-19-2008 (17-57-07).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|)
    Objects scanned: 130040
    Time elapsed: 19 minute(s), 9 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
    Memory Modules Infected: 0
    Registry Keys Infected: 1
    Registry Values Infected: 10
    Registry Data Items Infected: 17
    Folders Infected: 0
    Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
    (No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{daed9266-8c28-4c1c-8b58-5c66eff1d302} (Search.Hijack) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\run (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\New Windows\Allow\*.securewebinfo.com (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\New Windows\Allow\*.safetyincludes.com (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\New Windows\Allow\*.securemanaging.com (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\wallpaper (Hijack.Wallpaper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\originalwallpaper (Hijack.Wallpaper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\convertedwallpaper (Hijack.Wallpaper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\scrnsave.exe (Hijack.Wallpaper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\General\backupwallpaper (Hijack.Wallpaper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\General\wallpaper (Hijack.Wallpaper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Start Page (Hijack.Homepage) -> Bad: (http://softwarereferral.com/jump.php?wmid=6010&mid=MjI6Ojg5&lid=2) Good: (http://www.google.com/) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International\sTimeFormat (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Bad: (HH:mm: VIRUS ALERT!) Good: (HH:mm:ss) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Start_ShowControlPanel (Hijack.StartMenu) -> Bad: (0) Good: (1) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Start_ShowRun (Hijack.StartMenu) -> Bad: (0) Good: (1) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Start_ShowSearch (Hijack.StartMenu) -> Bad: (0) Good: (1) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Start_ShowHelp (Hijack.StartMenu) -> Bad: (0) Good: (1) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Start_ShowMyDocs (Hijack.StartMenu) -> Bad: (0) Good: (1) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Start_ShowMyComputer (Hijack.StartMenu) -> Bad: (0) Good: (1) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoStartMenuMorePrograms (Hijack.StartMenu) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\StartMenuLogOff (Hijack.StartMenu) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoDrives (Hijack.Drives) -> Bad: (12) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoToolbarCustomize (Hijack.Explorer) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoSetFolders (Hijack.Explorer) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\DisableTaskMgr (Hijack.TaskManager) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\NoDispBackgroundPage (Hijack.DisplayProperties) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\NoDispScrSavPage (Hijack.DisplayProperties) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\NoDispCPL (Hijack.DisplayProperties) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
    Scan saved at 18:09:18, on 2008-08-19
    Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16674)
    Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehmsas.exe
    C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\jusched.exe
    C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\Iaanotif.exe
    C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\cli.exe
    C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\DMXLauncher.exe
    C:\Program Files\Creative\VoiceCenter\AndreaVC.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe
    C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe
    C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\MUSICM~1\MUSICM~1\MMDiag.exe
    C:\Program Files\Personal\bin\Personal.exe
    C:\Program Files\Musicmatch\Musicmatch Jukebox\mim.exe
    C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\cli.exe
    C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = www.google.se/ig/dell?hl=sv&client=dell-row&channel=se&ibd=5070110
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,Default_Page_URL = www.google.se/ig/dell?hl=sv&client=dell-row&channel=se&ibd=5070110
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer
    O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
    O2 - BHO: Windows Live inloggningshjälpen - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
    O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\2.0.301.7164\swg.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {0BF43445-2F28-4351-9252-17FE6E806AA0} - (no file)
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ehTray] C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\jusched.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IAAnotif] C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\Iaanotif.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATICCC] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\cli.exe" runtime -Delay
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DMXLauncher] C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\DMXLauncher.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VoiceCenter] "C:\Program Files\Creative\VoiceCenter\AndreaVC.exe" /tray
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe -startup
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RemoteControl] C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DiskeeperSystray] "C:\Program Files\Diskeeper Corporation\Diskeeper\DkIcon.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NeroCheck.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Photo Downloader] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 5.0\apdproxy.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MimBoot] C:\PROGRA~1\MUSICM~1\MUSICM~1\mimboot.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nod32kui] "C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32kui.exe" /WAITSERVICE
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SetDefaultMIDI] MIDIDef.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BgMonitor_{79662E04-7C6C-4d9f-84C7-88D8A56B10AA}] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMBgMonitor.exe"
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Uniblue RegistryBooster 2] C:\Program Files\Uniblue\RegistryBooster 2\RegistryBooster.exe /S
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'SYSTEM')
    O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'Default user')
    O4 - Global Startup: Personal.lnk = C:\Program Files\Personal\bin\Personal.exe
    O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions present
    O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java-konsol - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
    O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.microsoft.com/mic...ls/en/x86/client/muweb_site.cab?1200731159281
    O16 - DPF: {8F48147B-78D9-40F9-ACC0-BDDE59B246F4} (AccountHelper Class) - https://safe.tele2.com/inc/accounthelper.cab
    O23 - Service: Adobe Active File Monitor V5 (AdobeActiveFileMonitor5.0) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 5.0\PhotoshopElementsFileAgent.exe
    O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
    O23 - Service: Belkin Wireless USB Network Adapter (Belkin Wireless USB Network Adapter Service) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Belkin\Belkin Wireless Network Utility\WLService.exe
    O23 - Service: Diskeeper - Diskeeper Corporation - C:\Program Files\Diskeeper Corporation\Diskeeper\DkService.exe
    O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
    O23 - Service: Intel(R) Matrix Storage Event Monitor (IAANTMON) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\Iaantmon.exe
    O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
    O23 - Service: NBService - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\Nero BackItUp\NBService.exe
    O23 - Service: NOD32 Kernel Service (NOD32krn) - Eset - C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32krn.exe
    O23 - Service: SecuROM User Access Service (V7) (UserAccess7) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\UAService7.exe
    O24 - Desktop Component 0: (no name) - file:///C:/DOCUME~1/DRAGAN/LOCALS~1/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image002.gif
    O24 - Desktop Component 1: Privacy Protection - file:///C:\WINDOWS\privacy_danger\index.htm

--
    End of file - 7357 bytes

7. SProdigy

SProdigy Regular member

8. freeme

freeme Member

SProdigy> Thanks for the tip. I'll take any help I can get but it didn't work. I got a link but clicking it only result in the message " Critical error".

9. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

@ freeme,

I will assume that the Admin account is clean..

With that in mind, just how much info would be lost if you just deleted the 2 user accounts and opened 2 new ones??

Does this computer have 2 drives? Or is it a laptop? With 2 drives the My Documents folders could be backed up and then reinstalled in a new account and all you would loose would be the programs which are probably infected anyway…

10. freeme

freeme Member

@ 2OG
    Ok, so by deleting the accounts the computer is clean?
    I can get a hold of an external hdd tomorrow and backup what's important.
    So what do I do now? Can I start the process of tidying up the Admin account now or should I wait until I do the backup and delete the other accounts?

11. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

12. freeme

freeme Member

I've run the command prompt chkdsk /X C:
    then OTMoveIt2 and ATF Cleaner.
    I don't think I should make a restorepoint now before everything is clean or should I?

Windowsupdate and Microsoft update still get an errormessage and will not run.

I still can't uninstall for example Adobe reader och old javainstallations. The message I get is that I can't access Windows Installer or I'm running in safe mode. I'm not though.

What do I do next?

13. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

NO! It's "any old port in a storm" if something goes wrong with the changeover of the user accounts... Good catch.

14. freeme

freeme Member

Ok, I'll get right to making the restore point.
    And then I'll do a defrag as you said.
    After that I'll wait and try backing up the important files and deleting the accounts.
    Is this correct?

15. freeme

freeme Member

Restorepoint set
    Can't defrag. Diskeeper won't run or uninstall.
    I'll be back after the backup and account deletion.

16. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

If you don't stop sending messages when i am sending them......

I am always answering the wrong question.

clean the restore points and set a clean one..

goto start > run > type in sfc /scannow click ok.

if it stops waiting for a cd and you don't have one, stop it and let me know.

17. freeme

freeme Member

After I got the computer to run properly and the admin account looks clean my friend wanted it back. He's going to back up some photos and do a clean install.

We thank you so much for all your help. You're awesome!

18. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Take care [​IMG]