1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vision express file 8.gb

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by luccidity, Jan 10, 2007.

1. luccidity

luccidity Guest

I have an avi file i would like to convert and burn to disk. When i choose high quality in vision express it comes out to just over 8.gb. Will i still be able to recode this, ( i believe recode is the correct one). I do not want to lose the quality so i do not want to put it on standard quality. I am just worried that 8.gb will be to big to keep the quality to finally shrink and put on a normal dvd.

Any help appreciated.

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi luccidity
    If you you Recode on a 8 gig file the compression to fit it to disc will be close to 50% so there will be some loss in quality.

You could pick advanced analysis in Recode which will encode in 2 passes and help the quality.

Your best bet if you don't want any quality loss is to burn this to a dual layer disc.

3. luccidity

luccidity Guest

Thanks for your reply. I tried vision express and got this message (your project currently requires more disc space than available on the selected drive.) I have plenty of hard drive space, and i am copying to hard drive. I also get this message when i am about to write.(recording this project may be unsuccesful and could produce unusable results. do you want to still start recording.) and after it is done to hard drive it is only 1.88gb far below the size it should be.

Can you play dual layer on a stand alone dvd player.
    Any help appreciated.

4. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

The project that gives you this error message is the the one that was the 8 gig file from above?

If it is and you want to compress it use Nero Recode instead.

Most newer dvd players will play the burned dual layer discs. If your drive booktypes - booktype the disc to DVD-Rom to increase compatibility.
    Use Verbatim dual layer too and make sure your burners firmware is up to date.

Which version of Nero are using - like 6.6.0.18 or 7.5.0.9a?