1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vision Express fills up my 20GB drive

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dave-o, Jun 1, 2004.

1. dave-o

dave-o Member

Hi.
    I've recently got a new DVD writer, and am trying to burn some of my DivX .avis to DVD.

The one i'm trying unsuccessfully to burn is about 675megs.
    When i add it in Vision Express it fits into the displayed size comfortably (it says it will use about 4.4 gigs out of 4.7)

I give it a one-picture, one-click start menu, with no chapters.

I set this burning, and it seems to be fine.

After a few hours, i get a message about my HDD being full, and when i check the drive, it has filled up the whole of an unused 20GB drive!

Has anyone else had this problem, or have any idea what may be going wrong?

Looking around the forum i can see that most people recommend a combination of non-Nero programs, but i really just want to click on an .avi, point it to a title picture and click burn, rather than have to go through lots of lengthy procedures.

Thanks for any help

2. cozza1987

cozza1987 Guest

3. dave-o

dave-o Member

Thanks, i accept that nero doesn't create such good quality DVD's as other things, but like i say i don't want to mess about with lots of different programs.

Are you saying that my drive is being filled up totally because of nero's encoder?

4. cozza1987

cozza1987 Guest

How much Free space do u actually have...

Nero would need 4.7GB plus i would suppose a bit more to have as temporary storage.

Its only a few programs. Nero's in-built encoder gives you crap quality DVD's. I believe its only using TMPEG to encode it then u can use nero to burn the files. Alot better then Nero's encoder

Regards
    CoZZa

5. dave-o

dave-o Member

The whole of an unused 20GB drive.