1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vista and Anydvd , Dvd Fab, Dvd Shrink , Decrypter ect...

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by BIGTOXY69, Jun 21, 2008.

1. casper499

casper499 Guest

Ok, so I attempted to run the FixVTS again and this time it seemed to go through completely (I may be running it wrong but it wouldn't let me just chose the movie file that wouldn't shrink), then I went to shrink and it gave me the same CRC error. Like cancer, that error just won't go away. Thanks for trying to help and please let me know if there is anything else I can try.

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Movie only please.

3. winnipoo

winnipoo Member

casper499- i had similar probs with my burning..two things worked for me...rip the whole thing through ripit4me then shrink with dvd shrink and do the final burn through roxio...the other way was to burn the way you were but after shrink i had to reboot computer and do final burn with roxio...i dont know why i had to reboot but restarting my computer was the only way i could get a final burn....hope this helps.

4. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

@casper

Have you tried flipping the disk over? The Notebook has full screen on one side and wide screen on the other. I've copied both sides of the movie.

5. LOCOENG

Here is the solution to your problems ~ http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Uninstallers/Roxio-Zap.shtml

...then install Imgburn ~ http://www.imgburn.com

6. winnipoo

winnipoo Member

LOCOENG.....thanks i'll give it a try...but if you don't mind me asking....why all of a sudden would it do that...it worked fine for along time? thanks

7. LOCOENG

Roxio, like Nero, is just a bloated bundle of programs that can easily become corrupt by adding and removing other programs from your PC. The bigger and more attractive a "suite" of programs appear, the more likely something can go wrong. In the world of PC's simpler is sometimes a better thing.

8. winnipoo

winnipoo Member

Locoeng...thanks for the info and taking the time to help!

9. elliott

elliott Regular member

Sorry I have been away for awhile getting caught up LOCOENG has given u solid feedback hope u solved the issue. The last and most desperate thing to do is replace or borrow someone elses burner and see if that works if not you most likely have a software conflict as Loco said roxio is bloated as is nero I used to love roxio but know I use a suite of free probarams and to build a dvd from a video I use ConvertX from VSO software.

10. winnipoo

winnipoo Member

thanks alot...will try some of the ideas that you guys have given.

11. winnipoo

winnipoo Member

it will be hard to give up roxio..i love it...can't stand nero...don't use it unless i have to.

12. LOCOENG

Tell me everything you use Roxio for and I'll give you the programs you need to replace it.