1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vista and Netgear Router DG834Gv3

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by Knewie1, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Knewie1

Knewie1 Member

Hi everyone, this is a great forum, lots of very helpful info on it.

I have a couple of questions, if anyone can help that would be great. Firstly, i brought a Compaq Presario C500 laptop about a month ago. It's got a built in wireless thingy!! (sorry, but i don't know much about this stuff) and it's running Windows Vista Basic. The first few days of owning it it would pick up our home wireless router no problems. Then it starting taking a while to find the connection. After about a week of this it was dropping out after being connected for about 2mins. Now it finds the wireless connection VERY occasionally. When i plug a LAN cable into my laptop and directly into the router it works perfectly fine, as soon as a unplug it the connection drops. I was wondering if anyone knows if there might be some sort of confliction with Vista and my router (Netgear DG834Gv3). As i have no idea about this sort of stuff any help would be greatly appreciated.

My second question is for my home desktop pc. It's probably very simple but here goes. When you open a webpage, down the bottom there is that row (not sure what to call it) that shows how many pictures are downloading on that page and other info like a little progress bar while the page is opening. Well, for some reason mine has disappeared. Does anyone know how i can get this back. I hope everyone can understand this. Thanks

Renee

2. Knewie1

Knewie1 Member

I hope i'm in the right forum. Please let me know if i'm not and i will post in the correct one. Sorry and Thanks!!

Renee