1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VISTA BETA TESTERS

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Robspace1, Aug 30, 2006.

1. Robspace1

Robspace1 Guest

I wonder how many tracking devices (cookies)came with the Vista download I did -Until I hear from others about this system; I think I will limit the amount of surfing I do-No point in giving Microsoft my life history-I'm sure this "free" download came with a price-inside info on users online browsing-where I go; what I buy and from who-Its kinda ironic that companies complaing about people making duplicates of their own software are the first to try to spy on your movements-so they can sell more product-ouch! vicious circle out there-

2. Robspace1

Robspace1 Guest

ireland-I know this not a Vista forum and I suppose we can move it if need be- I just want to say thanks for the information-This system seems to have alot more problems then people know about-The Microsoft Media blitz team is working overtime trying to get people interested-I just got off the phone with the guy that designed and built my pc-I told him that the Vista compatability scan showed that I needed to replace (not update) the hard disk controller-Ali pci bus master ide controller-it's less then 6 months old!-Also; the drivers they say I need to get from the various companies or Windows update; do not exist!-When I do a system scan ;it shows these things as working fine-It says to update Soundmax-this is probably the area that the copy protection is introduced to the system-sneaky!-why else would all this stuff need replacing?-I have been checking other sites and people that have loaded this os are all having negative reviews-So; between reading your posts and others' and my own experience tells me to Don't Load The File-it's contaminated and developed with Hollywoods blessings-Thanks for the tip-

3. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

I was pysched about Vista, keyword was. I downloaded a beta/rc a while ago and proceeded to install it on a old hard drive. And after the initial gee-whiz look at how new it looks, and look built in search, I stopped and looked at it and thought " this really sucks its like someone skinned XP" there simply wasnt enough improvement in any of the features offered to convinve me to leave good'ol XP. Now i give microsoft some credit given its beta/rc but unless things change majorly I see this OS going no were. And with all this news of built in DRM it just doesnt make sense to upgrade.

4. Robspace1

Robspace1 Guest

Exactly-If it broke don't fix it-The Vista Compatability program is a load of bs-How can Windows expect people to change soft and hardware just to run the stupid thing-I have looked at the "new features" and I can't see anything worth the hastle for me to make all those changes-Think I will scrap the file on my HD- it takes up alot of space nearly 3 gigs-I'll keep the disk and wait for the bugs to be ironed out-how long would a car company last if they put out a car that looked good but didn;t run?-very lame Bill-shame on you guys!

5. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

Now now vista is not all bad sure the focus on it is not the best they really should have focused on comparability and getting XP perfect before overhauling it ,vista is a overhaul it dose some new things and more or less its ok ,unless your a poor computer gamer 0-o

its specs are high at least a 2.0ghz 2 core CPU,1GB ramm and a DX10 vid card for newer gameing.

that said it could be ALOT worse....the only thing I don't know is what the DRM will be like...

6. ireland

ireland Active member

Near-final Windows Vista version issued

By Joris Evers and Ina Fried
    Staff Writer, CNET News.com
    Published: September 1, 2006, 12:32 PM PDT
    Tell us what you think about this storyTalkBack E-mail this story to a friendE-mail View this story formatted for printingPrint Add to your del.icio.usdel.icio.us Digg this storyDigg this

It's beginning to look a lot like Vista.

Microsoft on Friday issued Release Candidate 1 of Windows Vista, a near-final test version of the of the oft-delayed operating system.

Retiring Windows chief Jim Allchin announced the release Friday in an e-mail to testers. In his note, which was also posted to the Windows Vista Team blog, Allchin said there are "a lot of improvements since Beta 2," which was released in May. Among the changes he highlighted are tweaks in the user interface, more device drivers and improved performance.

go here to read the article
    http://news.com.com/2100-1016_3-6111909.html?part=rss&tag=6111909&subj=news

7. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

the only way i'll go near Vista is when someone out there manages to de-DRM it, until then it's Linux and XP for me for a very very long time

8. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

ireland

Ya but what about the DRM?
    Vista was to be the OS to have constricting DRM?

Creaky
    Preach it brother
    I am happy with SP1 becuse SP2 keeps crashing and crap....I'll go SP2 mabye when vista coems out and they stop fudgeing with it...

Last edited: Sep 1, 2006
  9. ireland

ireland Active member

more info here

Vista RC1 ready to go

9/1/2006 2:12:40 PM, by Eric Bangeman

Earlier this week, Microsoft made the pre-RC1 build of Vista available to the first 100,000 users able to download it. Once it appeared, we knew it wouldn't be long before the official RC1 build followed. That day has come, as the Vista team has announced that Windows Vista RC1 is ready to go.

Windows Vista is currently scheduled to be released to PC manufacturers and some volume license customers in November, and will start showing up on store shelves in January 2007. Although there have been rumblings that Microsoft may miss the January target, the release of RC1 appears to indicate that the company is on track with its time frame.

RC1 will be made available to TechBeta and the TAP programs at first. Starting next week, MSDN and TechNet subscribers will be given access. Microsoft has planned to make RC1 available to the public as well, but we don't know if those plans have changed in light of the more limited release of the pre-RC1 build.

Although Microsoft will continue making some changes to the code base, including some for "application compatibility" and "fit and finish," Microsoft is telling third-party developers that RC1 is the build they should use for certifying their applications for Vista.

go here to read the article
    http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20060901-7648.html

10. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

They dont say much,as it stands Vista is becomeing more and more like a normla OS,its the DRM that freaks me out.

11. ireland

ireland Active member

what i read about vista i would not touch it with a 10 foot pole..
    to meny controls you might owned ye computer as the operating system and microsoft and the movie studios owns you..

i did test it,to me its junk..

thats another reason i did not go to xp as my main operating system..
    don't get me wrong i do have two hd with xp home and pro.

i use 2000 as the main operating system..and for my busness and ripping and burning and to do normal stuff..

12. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

ireland
    I was hardcore 98 until mabye the 2nd year of XP tried it and liked it enough to switch I realy dont vista being worth it but I wouldnt mind palying Halo 2 on PC *L*

13. tucker001

tucker001 Regular member

if everyone would just run linux mac or xp

14. ireland

ireland Active member

ZIppyDSM
    ye need this to go with ye sig..

[​IMG]

15. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

ireland
    its ncie I'd rather have the RIAA tag with the suaqrle from Ice age....that would make for a silly and insane sig wouldnt it? ^^

16. ireland

ireland Active member

i do not have that pix,i think...if ye have it post it..
    and i will see what i can do with it,the higher the pix file the better.

think about this try to go through 72gb to find that pix on my computer!!!!!!!

17. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

ireland
    I can throw one together just am unsure what can be allowed :3

if a cross with RIAA screwing,and the squirrel from Ice age is ok I am sure I could put a couple pic together ^^

18. ireland

ireland Active member

a scr@wing pix of any kind is not ok,
    i was think of a diff pix..

19. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

I was thinking of takeing the midle part of that pic you showed and put it beside the Sqaulre or I can do this

HAve a pic of the squarle with a test mesage

RIAA hideing nuts from artists and consumers since 1952

how dose that sound? it gets the point across and the viewer can deem witch humor applys to it ^^

20. ireland

ireland Active member

this was what i was thinking about

[​IMG]