Vista doesn't provide driver...

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by anhphil, Mar 12, 2008.

1. anhphil

anhphil Member

Hi,
    I cannot get Vista to recognize my Sony DCR-HC30 digital camera to work. I went to Sony Website and it required a CD-ROM's part number, which I don't have. Please help.
    Thanks a bunch.

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Are you connected via firewire? What program are you using to capture?

Have you tried WinDV? What would a CD-ROM part number have to do with this?

3. anhphil

anhphil Member

Hi GrandpaBW,
    Thank you for your reply. I went to Sony support's website and tried to find the driver for my digital camera DCR-HC 30. The site redirected me to a page that required (1)the model number, (2)the serial number, and (3)the CD part number. I have the first 2 items required, but I don't have the CD part number; thus, I wasn't able to download the driver required for Vista.
    I use variety of software to edit the video project. I don't think I'll be in trouble with the software. I only need the driver for Vista to recognize my digital camera.
    I really appreciate your help and concern.
    Please feel free to check out the website from Sony and advice me on what to do.
    Thank you again very much,

http://support.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/cgi-bin/disoft/pmb2013/SPU_Installer0706e.cgi?fm=na

4. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

The site instantaneously scanned my computer and saw my OS was XP, and stated so. I could go no further. LOL

5. varnull

varnull Guest

same here... arrrrgh.. sony spyware!!!! Didn't know what my OS was tho hehehehehe.

The software is on the " CD-ROM w/USB Driver (Picture Package Software v.1.0 for Sony" which should be around for download somewhere. check your PM's

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2008
  6. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

Your model also has a Firewire connection.
    Don't use USB to tranfer video, but Firewire: much better quality. And it is plug'n'play, so you should not need any driver.