1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vista dual-booting win 98

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by teriaki51, Jul 28, 2007.

1. teriaki51

teriaki51 Member

i am running vista home premium, and was wondering..., i know it is possible to dualboot different OS's with vista, so is it possible to do this with windows 98? don't ask me about my reasoning behind this, i just want t know if it's possible, and if there are any extra instructions i need to follow

2. mikeh0303

mikeh0303 Regular member

i know it works with xp, so try this:
    -Instal 98, but make the hard drive into two partitions (fat32 for 98 and ntfs for windows vista)
    -finish installing 98
    -install vista on the ntfs partition
    -the computer will boot to vista
    -now right click my computer, and go to properties, then on the left side go to "advanced system settings"
    -under the advanced tab click settings under startup and recovery
    now make the defualt os "earlier version of windows" now when you reboot you should get two options

3. teriaki51

teriaki51 Member

yea, i was trying to avoid the method of dual booting that involves reinstalling vista, im too cheap to purchace a vista disk, is there any other way? like using the recovery disk that came with the system?