1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VISTA dvd-rom device manager

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by gamer17, Feb 13, 2007.

1. gamer17

gamer17 Regular member

Hi guys. I currently work at a store called 512K. its a computer store.

Anyways, for my question. I Built this computer and put vista home prem on it. and installed all the drivers. Even got the most up to date drivers off intels website (specifically for vista). All the drivers were successfully installed. The guy bought it and brought it home, and has had it for about a month now. well yesterday he brought it back to us for repairs. The DVD-ROM drivers are not installed.

I thought this was odd. especially how you never have to install drivers for a dvd rom. I tried to use a new dvd rom drive still does the same thing. I tried using windows update. I tried to update the drivers using the online method but when ever i try that it says the best drivers are all ready installed. (drivers are installed they just are not working properly). also tried to install the drivers from the intel board driver disk. checked jumpers, cables. tried system restore. ive tried everything i can think of. Does anyone have a solution or suggestions for this problem. I would greatly appreciate it. Im thinking the customer did something with the operating system files, because it was working before. But the customer says he hasnt done anything to it. Just one day it stopped working.

intel DQ965GF motherboard
    intel processor (dont know exact specs its not with me at moment)
    160GB sata HDD
    Sony DVD DL burner (doesnt have drivers)
    Sony DVD-rom (also doesnt have drivers total of two drives giving me
    problems)
    vista home prem
    floppy
    7 in 1 card reader
    2GB ram

Thanks in advance

2. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

OS or motherboard.

Easy to eliminate the motherboard, just look at the BIOS information. If the drives are visible, try a boot CD or DVD and see if the software initiates. If it does, it has to be something with the OS.

Vista has diagnostic software, though I don't know how much good it will do you. Check into Device Manager and see how much information about the drives is there.