1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vista installing problems. help pls...

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by kayamokid, Mar 6, 2007.

1. kayamokid

kayamokid Regular member

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

Yea, you just have to work through it. The last two versions of Nero 7 will work with Vista (7.5.9.0 & 7.7.5.1)

There have been a lot of updates for various things in the last couple of months. Check for them and maybe it will help, but that is more for a Vista forum. I guarantee I would back up my XP install before I started.....

3. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Let the nightmare begin!

4. kayamokid

kayamokid Regular member

thanks for the help saltgrass. it works fine now. just i more question can i have dual os on a slave harddisk? i mean i have 80 gb w/vista as drive c and can i have another os on my secondhard disk 40 gb drive g? hope u can help. tnx

5. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

You are talking about either doing a dual boot, or changing the boot disc in the bios to boot the one you want.

Yes--

If you do the later, I would recommend you remove the Vista disc while you are installing the second OS. If you do a dual boot, they both have to be installed during the process, but check that part out.

One gotch is that if you do an Vista update from within WinXP, I believe it will invalidate your WinXP serial number, so you might want to check on that.