1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vista password

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by john4582, Jun 3, 2007.

1. john4582

john4582 Member

i have just bought a second hand dell dimension e520 i turned it on windows started to boot up then a user name popped up asking for password i bought this comp out of the paper it was all turned on when i went to see it i tried to contact the seller for the password but he not answer phone is there anyway i can bypass it so i can get the comp to boot up the o/s (windows vista)

2. colw

colw Active member

reformat - reinstall - lesson - do not buy second hand crap without knowing what you are buying

3. tripplite

tripplite Guest

always ebay please- try restarting it and the moment it starts press f8 until a boot screen starts>select safe mode>you will see a profile called administrator> go into it. go to acount setting area and create a new one> restart computer and your done

4. mikeh0303

mikeh0303 Regular member

you can do what the first person said, or:

-Start
    -Run
    -type: cmd
    -type: net users
    -type: net user <username with password> * (with the star)
    -it will then ask u to put a new pass for the user

5. tripplite

tripplite Guest

_
    mikeh0303- that doesn't help him because he doesn't know the pass, but do you know how to start the command prompt at the start screen, what are the hot keys for it?

6. mikeh0303

mikeh0303 Regular member

no when he starts in safe mode there will be a new account (administrator) that should have no password so he can just click it.

There is no defult shortkey for cmd, but you can set one, go to: start, accesories, right click command prompt, properties, make a shotkey

7. SEGA3

SEGA3 Guest

humm..iv herd there was a way to bypass by going thro the bios but not sure id have to get back to u on that

8. john4582

john4582 Member

it all ok now i turn raid of in the bios so i could format with xp now all i need to do i install the all drivers again