1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VISTA "Ready Boost"

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by billy2291, Jul 9, 2007.

1. billy2291

billy2291 Member

I heared that the ready boost feature in vista would speed up some of the media decryption and encoding I am doing alot of. My question is, does anyone know the best and fastest 4 gig USB Flash drive to use? I think it is the 4gig Lexar Jumpdrive Lightning ReadyBoost™-capable
    Blazing fast — 140x (18MB/s) write; 160x (24MB/s) read (min. sustained speeds)
    There is also the Gizmo Overdrive: Up to 80X write (13MB/s)
    Up to 160X read (25MB/s)
    512MB-4GB
    USB (2.0)
    Dual-channel controller
    ReadyBoost™-capable
    Does anyone have any input on this? I want to try and get the most boost for my buck

2. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

3. billy2291

billy2291 Member

I went to the link you provided. It was informative but a little over my head as to what flash drive to buy and how to make it opeerate correctly like they discribe in your link. Any Ideas or places to go to get it operational and correct?

4. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

Any flash drive above 2GB should suffice. Getting it to work properly is the issue I tried to point out with the information from Bink's site.

In order for ReadyBoost to perform, the machine must remain on. If you Google "readyboost" you'll probably land at a ton of sites that show people how to set it up.

5. billy2291

billy2291 Member

I have heard so much about ready boost even from the microsoft guys. I can't tell wethere it wiorks or not or the how to on it. Does anyone know where to go to find out the true skinny on this ready booost and what is the best flash drive to use?