1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vista sound problem

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by gltwelve, May 26, 2007.

1. gltwelve

gltwelve Member

I recently bought a laptop with Vista installed, which I now regret as I don't like too much that Vista has to offer and am just as happy with XP, but anyway, about a week ago the shite hit the fan. I don't think I installed anything or was doing anything but listening to music, but the computer just froze out of nowhere, so I did a reboot. I opened winamp and started a song, but nothing happened. It stayed at 0:00/X:XX. So I tried another song, and the same thing, I tried WMP 11 and got the error code C00D11B1. I looked all over and that seems to be a problem some people are having but haven't gotten a clear answer on how to fix it. I've been trying for a week to fix this but I have nothing to show for it. And at the same time that happened, my network connection manager got messed up and now always says "Connection status: unknown Server execution failed", but I still can connect, so I'm not too worried about that yet. I just want my sound working again. If anyone has any idea I'd be glad to try them and if you need any info I'll be glad to give.

2. wickedzx5

wickedzx5 Member

dumb question but did you try and reinstall/update your sounds drivers?

3. scribnerm

scribnerm Member

I am anxious to see what answers people might have to resolved this problem, as I too have had the same experience with sound drivers crashing and the network error exactly as previously mentioned. In my case I was able to go back and restore a previous restore point to get the sound working. However the networking error still remains to this day. I've yet to hear of anyone resolving this.

Mike

4. gltwelve

gltwelve Member

Yes, I had reinstalled/updated the drivers at one point but that didn't help. But after seeing scribnerm's post I decided to try the system restore, and to my surprise it had worked, it fixed both the sound and the bugged network. But then I found myself in an older problem that I had fixed before the sound and network, which I can't remember how I did it. It's the "Rundll32.dll has stopped working" followed by a "Windows Explorer has stopped working", "Windows Explorer is restarting" which is then followed by a restart of windows explorer. Now that only happens when I browse anything such as My Computer, My Documents, and stuff like that.