1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vista to me is kinda meh....

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by dazila, Feb 2, 2007.

1. dazila

dazila Regular member

It is its new but its really not much as what its said to be to me its more of a "Windows Media Center Xp 2005 with an all new shell and visuals which suck alot of blood out of your computer"
    Some I think will agree Ive bought it and now am stuck with it but I feel like having my XP royale back in Media Center I loved vista 3 days ago when i got it now after exploring it ive found nothing more then what I found in XP Media Center.
    Office 2007 I didnt like much,Office 03 pro is much better and ive gone back to it.
    One Care is pretty good Less Memory sucking then Norton or Mcafee and still gives the same stuff,i have to say good job on it!.

My score.
    Vista-8/10-Its not bad its pretty good but not much diff to XP MCE
    office-6/10 I didnt like the layout and it was more "Wierd" to use then 2003 since it has new things that we alll have used tio the old style since 1995 otherwise it gioves the same thing as 2003 so if you really dont need it dont buy it it wont do much more then 2003 hell i havent even used everything in 03 fully cause i dont need it.
    One Care-9/10-I like it.Its good.

2. whompus

whompus Active member

You nailed it pretty much there. What Ms don't want us to think about is both of those os's are just dressed up xp to start with.

Heck I still use Office 2000. And only word and excel from it.

One Call I haven't even looked at it. I have heard others say they like it pretty good also.

3. dazila

dazila Regular member

Vista is good if you have a alot of resorces with the resources oyu are just geetting a cool theme with few security things but behind that picture is Windows XP and even behind XP is NT XP is NT based.

Office isnt bad but there is no difference to 2003 besides the buttons it still types like it did 11 years ago but wastes 3gb of room on your HDD which I think is alot for a few general tools.

Once Care is the best product out of the 3 currently,id reccomend all to give this a try there is a 90day Trial,its good more friendly then norton same things wastes much less recources tells you what things should be checked has a layout which tells you all of the security on your com like Phising Filter status,Firewall,Malicous software remaoval tool etc. It has a PC tune thing where it performs all the things at once which should be performed to make your pc faster whicvh include.
    -Defrag
    -backup missing windows files
    -Scan for syware,Adware,Viruses
    -Checks for high prority security updates for your pc which auto upadte might have missed.
    and it can do this automatically with a time thing you can set it up to do it once a Month on a ceratin day at a time so when you arent using oyur pc it will perform it then so when you come you will have a fresh pc without viruses defraged HDD and major updates.

Vista-I recommend it slighly but you should wait for SP1 as it has lots of bugs and isnt resource friendly.
    Office-Same as 03 witn new button shell
    One Care-The most resource friendly security center ever made and the best overall.