1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VISTA/UTORRENT problem

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by mark29, Dec 18, 2007.

1. mark29

mark29 Guest

ok this is a very weird problem and will take a little bit of explaining.

i bought a new pc with vista home premium preloaded.
    i use a lot of p2p so i stuck utorrent on straight away.
    ive had no problems until suddenly now whenever i start using utorrent its as if i have no internet pages wont open, messenger wont deliver messages yet utorrent is working alright-ish, not as good as b4.
    also the weirdest part is if i close utorrent the problems are still there until i reboot.
    it also happens even if im not dling anything in utorrent.
    this is a very annoying problem and i would appreciate any help.

another problem that happened today was that i was backing up various files from a folder to an ext hard drive, then when i went to delete those files from the original drive, with them still selected instead of deleting those files it deleted everything in the folder!
    this was definitely not human error as i am very careful when deleting things and was astounded when it came up 45gb to delete when its should of been less than 1!

thank you in advance for any help given

2. JoshyBoy

JoshyBoy Regular member

sounds weird. this is in no way an answer that is guaranteed but il just cover some basics. Is the computer fairly up to date with its performance (i think we all know vista needs a good computer to run on)
    also you could uninstall utorrent to see if it fixes anything for a day then re install it after. maybe try and have a clear out of a load of junk programs/etc that might be slowing up your computer.

3. mark29

mark29 Guest

cheers ill give it a go
    the pc has a pro duo and 2gb ram and im running aero perfectly so performance wise no probs.

4. JoshyBoy

JoshyBoy Regular member

well that well and truely knocks the idea of computer performance out of the park. Try uninstalling utorrent and re-installing.. have you port forwarded etc...

5. mark29

mark29 Guest

well i uninstalled and reinstalled but the problem remains.
    yes i am port forwarding.

6. mark29

mark29 Guest

ive discovered something new.

i use opere web browser and i had several rapidshare download running.
    i dowloaded a torrent forgetting that utorrent would open ruining everything and it opened and of course i could no longer open web pages as per normal, BUT the rapidshare downloads were still going and at the same speed as if nothing had happened.

i hope this helps to maybe get closer to solving my problem

thanks 4 all the help

7. varnull

varnull Guest

This is one of those.. other people are reporting it, but no certain fix apart from limiting the number of connections allowed.

Have you thought of trying a different torrent application? Azureus runs flawlessly on vista.

8. mark29

mark29 Guest

cheers ill gave azureus a go, its just i loved utorrent the way downloads start almost instantly and the low memory usage

9. mark29

mark29 Guest

erm can sum1 recomend me a different client cos azureus you have to pay

10. mingmang

mingmang Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2008