1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vista

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by madspar, Jan 30, 2007.

1. madspar

madspar Guest

When i go to upgrade advisor for vista it says that my gpu wont work with aero, first whats aero and then well games still work and is it worth upgrading to vista?

2. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

I'll only answer the last question, and it's a fairly simple answer :
    NO

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2007
  3. kamrez224

kamrez224 Member

please can anybody explain what vista is

4. bkf

bkf Guest

Vista is a new and expensive operating system. Giving the other more specific forums your likley to get a whole bunch of answers cause these people are hopping mad about what don't work anymore. Enough said. :)

And im still waiting for someone to tell me one usefull thing Vista does that XP does not.

5. l3luey

l3luey Member

Wait until 2011 when XP stops getting supported then upgarde @ a reduced price, and with stability a little better.

6. kamrez224

kamrez224 Member

many thanks BKF

7. Altometrn

Altometrn Guest

Vista isn't all that bad, you guys all sound just like everybody did back when XP was first released and all people could do was complain about how buggy and unstable it was and about how nothing would work correctly with it.

I've been running the Vista Ultimate RC2 since November, and it runs just fine, and as far as everybody complaining about things like UAC and DEP, all you have to do is disable them, no great mystery to it. As for games, I haven't found one yet that doesn't work with it, and even if you can't use the Aero Glass interface, you can still choose the Vista Basic look (only real difference between them is opacity and Alpha Blending).

As far as I'm concerned, Vista works better than XP ever did. I still consider XP to be the biggest hunk of coding trash that ever came down the wire, at least with Vista they took the time to develop it right instead of releasing it too early to save their profit margin like they did with XP.

8. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

Been going back and forth to the RC1 release of Vista...found a few things wrong with it...the firewall's outbound traffic control is still a modern day train wreck, as posted ^^^ almost all the security features can be turned off and third party apps installed.

There are many apps/drivers that still do not function correctly, entirely, or will no longer support the hardware features of equipment you just bought last year!! Well....some of them anyhow, like the all important $200 X-Fi you may have purchased...

But, DirectX 10, for the high-end gamer's in all of us....will benefit using Vista since DX10 will NOT be back ported to XP because XP's core would have to be re-written. Hence, Vista.

I'm still working on a list of common apps that I use to see if Vista will support them, or if they run at all.

You obviously walked right on by when they released Windows ME! :)

Last edited: Feb 12, 2007