1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vista

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by mbritton2, Feb 28, 2007.

1. mbritton2

mbritton2 Guest

Is there any software that I can backup my dvds with that I can use with vista

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

what programs do you have now? also what programs have you installed on the system with vista?

3. revengine

revengine Regular member

Sorry don't mean to bump but, I was debating on upgrading to the new os Vista Ultimate version. Is there any limitations as far as, downloading,and burning DVDs with this os ? Should I stay with XP and forget about this os altogether ?

4. janrocks

janrocks Guest

The clever money is staying put with XP for at least the next 12 months.

As rumours are circulating that the replacement for vista is scheduled for 2009 what is the point of fighting with this turkey when XP is more than good enough to last a couple more years.

5. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

I agree with Janrocks. For $hits and giggles I went to the microsoft web site, ran the upgrade advidor program
    Update advisor and discovered that my scanner won't work, and my printer may/may not work, my eithernet card won't work, and my sound card won't work. There is really no description of any software conflicts, nor guarantees that your current software will continue to work. I'm happy with what I have, I have Linux installed as a dual boot, end result, Bill's not getting any of my money on this one. Redmond keeps trying to push me over to Mandriva more everyday. Just my 2ยข worth.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2007
  6. revengine

revengine Regular member

Thanks so kindly for your advice. I stick with XP too.