1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vivastar (Matshita) LF-D310 burning problem

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by steve-dsl, Oct 24, 2003.

1. steve-dsl

steve-dsl Guest

Hi
    I have a Vivastar (Matshita) LF-D310 DVD-R(RAM) drive - had it for about a
    year or so now. Burnt DVD's without any problems 'in the early days', but
    recently I've been unable to burn a single one. Each time I get a disk
    error/invalid media/etc type error.
    I've tried 3 different types of DVD-R disks, but get the same error each
    time. Tried using Nero (6) and Prassi, but both give the same (type of)
    errors. I flashed the firmware today to v128 (which I'm told is the latest),
    but still doesn't work.
    I've tried creating data DVD's, video DVD's and disk-to-disk copies, but
    nothing works. The drive does read DVD's and CDROM's without any problems.
    FYI: my system is running XP Home, 512mb ram, 2x 40gb hdd's, do have a cdrw
    drive in there too (always been there, even when I could burn DVD's in the
    past).
    Could this error have anything to do with ASPI? Changed/upgraded ASPI
    drivers in the last week or so.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Many thanks
    Steve

2. yuedana

yuedana Regular member

I have a lf d311 and have had no problems. Why did you change the aspi driver? It could have been that. Is that the first time that you have tried to burn since you did the upgrade?

You could try to see if other things are occupying the drive in task manager but I suspect it might be your aspi change. You could try a return to the mode prior to the aspi to see if the burner will work.

3. #afonic

#afonic Regular member

Well if everything worked fine before the ASPI update then it's obvious that the problem if that. Use 4.60 Adaptec ASPI drivers, or even better try to use the System Restore fuction of WinXP to restore your system to an earlier point.

4. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

i just got the exact same problem...........it was all working fine, then it's sudenly stopped working and i have no idea why...........

i don't remember changing any aspi thing or whatever.....

also, i had my pc sent away recently for repair, and they replaced the hdd...........so maybe i need to upgrade the aspi thigns????

anyone tell me how i can check to upgrade the firmware/drivers/aspi or anything???

PLEASE HELP...........

cos at the moment i have a totally useless dvd burner :(

5. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

wierd..............it just worked ONCE........and now it's stopped again.........

yeah, i just successfuly tested and then burned "Crash Nitro Kart" ps2 iso image that i made earlier........but now i go to test my silent hill 3 image and it's stopped working again..........grrr.

i don't think it's the image tho.........cos it says it some message about "incompatible medium" or something?????

and it WAS saying the same thing about the crash nitro kart game too..........so i'm very confused.......

i already tried updating the firmware, and the driver, and the aspi........but i couldn't find anything for updating atapi or whatever it's called............

any suggestions???

6. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

hmm..........not a single reply???

well, i manged to eventually burn that silent hill 3 dvd-r, and it works fine in my ps2.....

but the drive still isn;t "fixed"...........it seems that i have to let it fail on each image about 2 or three times in a row, then eventually it will successfully write the image in test mode, so if you are lcky next time you can burn it for real and it won't mess up............

but surely, you shouldn't have to go through all that with each dvd-r.........why can't it just burn right away?????

i'm very very conused???

-x-x-x-

7. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

um..........anyone????

my drive ain't how it should be..........anyone have ANY suggestions........hmmm, is this board dead or soemthing???

8. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

"is this board dead"
    take that as a yes then

night night

-x-x-x-

9. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

OY!

haha

oh, come on???

SOME bright spark must know how to fix my drive.........seriously........i've tried everything, and still i get the same errors...........so before i can burn anything, i have to test it at least 3 times...........then when it successfuly completes a test, i can burn and just hope that it will work........

so that makes a total burning time of at least 4 hours........

PLEASE HELP

-x-x-x-

10. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

REPLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you

11. alan1945

alan1945 Guest

GlennT,

I have the same drive. Sometimes it recognizes a dvd disk and sometmes it doesn't. I upgraded the firmware to A128 which seemed to help for a while but now I'm back to the same problem. So far I haven't found a fix and I've been searching hard for quite some time.

Alan

12. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

ok, well thnx for the reply anyways, haha.

so i guess we just have to out up with it????

i can't help but feel ripped off tho............paying £100 for a drive that only SOEMTIMES writes a disk and soemtimes it won't.........

if i pay that much money for something, i do at least expect it to work.........

well, i don't think i even have the receipt anymore, so i guess i am stuck with a useless drive........anyone know the e-mail adress of matshita/vivastar/panasonic/whatever name they are currently using..........so that i can at least write a strong worded piece of literature exp[laining the problem, and voicing my discontent with their product.......maybe they will look into it.........but more than likely they will laugh and smile at the fatc that they just ripped me off of my £100

:(

13. strap

strap Guest

hiya i have come into possition of a matshita LF-D310 and like you all i seem to have hit a brick wall this week. I burned 50 discs (Digimate DVD-R) with no problem but i decided they were to dear @ £27 per 25 so i bought some mirror platinum DVD-R @ £15.50 per 25 and it will not do a thing always telling me incorect media type, I am going to buy better discs soon and try again. will keep posted on results.

14. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

that sounds like a different problem..........sure you didn;t get dvd+r or dvd-rw???

my problem was.........AND STILL IS........that it gets about 15% into writing teh disc, then decides to just STOP and give some random error............then you try it again, and it gets to about 30%, then the error, the you try again.........sometimes it will write ok this time.........sometimes it will get to about 60-80% the give the error one more time..........

so i basically have to do 2 to 4 TESTS before i can actually burn ANYTNING with this writer..........in short IT IS S.H.I.T.

i wanna get a refund but i don't have the receipt, so i just gotta get myself a new drive with my own money.............any suggestions.........i don't wanna spend any more than 100 pounds again.......

15. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

well...........i don;t know if i just got lucky this time, or whether i have actually cured it (for now at least).

i went to look at the dvd decrypter settings........and i changed soemthing in the "i/o" tab..........i changed it from something about a windows server to soemthing called asapi or soemthing liek that............and then i tested it and it test burned fine first time, then it burned fine too :)

maybe some program i installed switched this setting and i just manully switched it back or soemthing???

worth trying anyways....

16. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

nope..............i guess i was just lucky..........cos i just tried to burn again in nero, NO LUCK, same bloomin error message AGAIN. oh well, back to the drawing board i guess :(

17. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

i still can't believe that NO-ONE knows what is causing these problems. i have had my drive for less than 6 months and already it is near to useless..........and NOONE KNOWS WHY????

-x-x-x-

18. strap

strap Guest

Hiya m8 you still having probs i see, I have give in and bought a new dvd drive its a NEC ND2500A, fantastic drive. i had no hassle using LF-D310 so long as i bought expensive discs, no faults at all.

19. Debidee

Debidee Member

I have just installed the LF-D310 can you guys tell me what software is needed with this drive please as I never got any with it and all I can see is that I need the ASPI drivers and burning software such as Nero 6 etc, any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

20. strap

strap Guest

Hi Debidee everyome who seems to own this drive seem to be having some trouble. But depending on what you want to do, I found clone dvd a excellent program to clone dvds even originals but you will need anydvd running along side it to make it work.Nero 6 multisessions and backs up data fine too. you may find your LF-D310 is very fussy about what discs it will read and write too. mentioned earlier bout what make of discs i got to work fine. anyway LOL and happy burnin.