1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vizio 60 inch Plasma review

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by prncess21, Jun 25, 2007.

1. prncess21

prncess21 Member

Hello. I am going to buy the Vizio 60 inch plasma (VM60P) and i was wondering how good it is. I've seen review sof it on cnet and consumer reports and it is very good but can i play my ps3 on it?

thanks.

2. b18bek9

b18bek9 Regular member

plasmas in general should not have games played on them do to burn-ins....its just my knowledge that all though plasma's do have a better picture u notice they are running cheaper then lcd's due to burn in problems an other typical issues but if u plan on gaming i'd go LCD....

3. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

yeah for sho, dont play games on a plasma.

Get an LCD, i think they are actaully cheaper.

4. cashman91

cashman91 Regular member

Plasma's don't suffer from burn in that something of the past and i believe from what i have seen my self with my uncles plasma and what i have learned from AVSforum.com that plasma's are a lot better then LCD.Also Plasma's are generally cheaper then LCD's if you go by Inches per Dollar because plasma's standard size is 50" while LCD's are 40" or 42"

The 60" Vizio is not that good the size is good for the cost but their is problem with "false Contouring" and Grey blacks. if plasma go with Panasonic or Pioneer and some smasung models are pretty good for their price

Last edited: Jun 28, 2007
  5. Coralynns

Coralynns Member

We have a Vizio 60 inch piece of crap. And we hooked up our XBox 360 - I don't have a clue about a PS3. But the TV is a CRAP. I should have been clued in when we had to have two cables for the PIP and didn't get a return email from tech support when we couldn't figure out their crappy instruction manual. But now after only having it for 3 months the remote control and the buttons on the TV don't work to control the volume or turn the stupid thing off. How handy is that? And when we called to see what to do they said to hold the power down for 10 seconds and if that does work, take out the batteries and push every button on the remote twice each. That didn't work either. Look, I'm not the technician, here. You'd think in this age of blogoshere's, they'd just send a new remote. Frickons idiots - oh, that would be us for buying it!

6. b18bek9

b18bek9 Regular member

i've heard mixed comments about vizio but i will say plasma's run a better picture but burn ins for plama's arent the thing of the past i've seen burn ins from pc/xbox 360's on plasma's and also lcd u wont have to worry but u do notice how plasma's are cheaper due to burn ins and other so called problems but for gaming LCD is for u but for movies and everyday tv/theater room plasma will work....just my two cents....

7. sstoneho

sstoneho Member

I have two vizio's 32" and 42" both lcd. The 42" is the new full 1080p which by the way is so good i can't even tell you. I have the 42" hooked up to the ps3 and the 1080p picture is crystal clear. The 32" is in the bedroom hooded up to cable. The best part of the vizio's are that the come with built in hd tuners. I went from having 72 channels on standard basic cable to about 150 channels.

I would say go with an lcd over plasma. Two reasons, first the glare. with the lcd you won't have any. Second the lcd only cost just a little bit more and what you pay for is worth it.
    Just to let you know costco has the 52" lcd going on sale next month.

I priced tv's for about 6 monthes before i bought the vizio. I found the sony full 1080p $1600.00 more and two inch's smaller. There is no differnce in picture quality. I am very happy i bought the vizio.

Hope that helps.

8. Dapsone

Dapsone Member

I have the 42" Vizio plasma, and play my Xbox 360 on it. I've had absolutely no problems with it so far and (for the super low price I found this one for) am very happy with it.