1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vizio lcd tv

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by brandonba, Apr 23, 2009.

1. brandonba

brandonba Regular member

i was looking to buy my first hdtv and was wondering if any good? was looking to pay 700-900 dollars and at least 42 inch. looked at walmart nice picture, or should i go with anther brand?

2. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Kinda too early for any long term assessment, but in general if I was to buy a second tier brand it would be Vizio.

3. brandonba

brandonba Regular member

so what do you suggest sony, phillips, samsung, sanyo? or others?
    remember 700-900 dollars maybe a little bit more and at least 42 inches

4. Harry88

Harry88 Member

Sony, Samsung, Panasonic are the best brands I have seen so far in my opinion. They are also reasonable in price with better picture clarity, sound, etc. My personal experience says that you should go for Sony. Try this one
    http://www.checkcost.co.uk/lcd-tvs/c/4329/
    Here u can find a lot sellers for this product and can compare the prices they offer and choose the one within your budget.

5. Red_Maw

Red_Maw Regular member

Sony and Samsung are the two brands on top right now from what I hear. If you want to get the best for you money the best thing to do is read about HDTV's and read multiple reviews for each one you consider buying. After a while you will start to get a better idea of what you want exactly which should greatly narrow down the available options.

On a side note the units displayed in stores are usually adjusted badly and aren't calibrated so the picture will look quite different once the TV is in your home. Picking one just because it looks good in the store isn't a very good way of deciding, but I would recommend going to look at the ones you are considering buying since there are some things you can't get a good feel for looking at it online.

6. brandonba

brandonba Regular member

thanx for your help guys