1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VLC keeps hijacking my bin/cue files

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Looni3, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Looni3

Looni3 Member

here are the contents of the cue file in question:

FILE "Civ-II, V2.42a.BIN" BINARY
    TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
    TRACK 02 AUDIO
    PREGAP 00:02:00
    INDEX 01 42:05:20
    TRACK 03 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 42:48:68
    TRACK 04 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 43:40:12
    TRACK 05 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 45:26:45
    TRACK 06 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 47:38:22
    TRACK 07 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 49:47:65
    TRACK 08 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 52:40:18
    TRACK 09 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 55:25:73
    TRACK 10 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 57:20:32

As you can see its a mode1 so I believe that means it is a CD-ROM file. However when i try to run either of the files a VLC box will pop up and attempt, then fail, to play them.

I tried making an .ISO image of both of them (both in the same image) and mount that, however a window opens with the 2 seperate files inside, both with VLC logos, and i may as well not have bothered making an image file and mounting it.

I am wondering if the .cue file needs changing or i need some sort of install wizard to 'open this file with' so VLC doesnt keep trying to play them when i ask them to run.

When i make an image do both files need to be there or just the .bin or .cue? Which file do i run to initiate an install?

2. billybob

billybob Regular member

have u tried just using daemon tools and mounting the cue file?

3. Looni3

Looni3 Member

I just tried downloading the basic/free version of daemon tools to try it out but the Ad program that you have to download with it wouldnt install, even after i reassured my virus protection that it was okay.

Anyway do you mean turn the .cue into an iso and mount it or mount it directly as .cue? the software im using, PowerISO, doesnt give me the option to mount either the .cue or .bin without converting it to .iso. Which seems a little odd to me because it has the option to make .bin images.

What I really want is a way to get VLC to leave the files alone and go from there.

4. billybob

billybob Regular member

Daemon tools is widely available from different download locations. Alot of them i think dont include an extra program. At least i cant remember it.

And yes i meant mount the .cue directly, as this is the kind of..um..file that points the program towards the .bin...i suppose :D

So yeh, get a working version od daemon tools.

5. MrVile

MrVile Member

I believe DaemonTools is packaged with adware. I remember though that when you install it just don't install the toolbar, I think you only need the core files/desktop shortcut. If you don't install the toolbar you should be fine.