1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VLC player problem, too bright and/or faded colour

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by hamy_jamy, Dec 31, 2005.

1. hamy_jamy

hamy_jamy Member

So i have had this problem for awhile now, im pretty sure its all the lame codecs i've got to play everything and there prob messing with each other, but it seems vlc plays my video files with a large amount of brightness to them, i've fixed it before (i think it was something to do with wmp, with a box that you untick or something), but after i play files in another media player such as DivX or whatever, it seems to reset the darn vlc player brightness setting, i think thats enough to get this thread going :p

Help much appreciated,

Hamy.

2. hamy_jamy

hamy_jamy Member

Well since yesterday i have fixed the problem by taking it seriously, it was bothering me for awhile. It ended up being that i just had to change the brightness setting in VLC (Which i thought didn't even have one). Settings>Prefrences>General Settings>Video, i changed the Video filter module to the "image properties filter" which seems to be the only filter that would make sense for controlling the contrast etc. so then from there Modules>video filter>adjust, and there you can mess around as much as you want, i ended up just lowering the brightness to 0.81 and my picture was back normal!,so i saved it and restarted the video. The lengths you have to go through to change the image properties *rolls eyes*, so i hope that helps ppl out.

Hamy