1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VOB/BUP/IFO files - what you talking 'bout Willis?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Phartman, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Phartman

Phartman Member

So, a day later, I have finally downloaded The Triplettes of Belleville - a total of 12 VOB files, and 5 BUP and IFO files. I want to create a DVD that I can play in my DVD player.

Did I mention that I am a computer Retardo Montalban? Yes, I wear a slobber bib and a hockey helmet.

Anyway, I am using XP, have things like DVDSanta and DVDXCopy (Plat) installed on my machine, just purchased a pack of blank Maxell 4.7GB DVD-R (single sided), and have just purchased and installed Lite-On's dual-layer burner (the $100 version). I feel I'm close to being able to create a DVD-R of this movie.

But how?

Also, alot of the time I'll d/l a DVD-R from, oh, say, www.bi-torrent.com, and get a whack of .RAR files which, when extracted, create a single .IMG file, which I will also want to eventually burn.

But how?

As you can guess, I am VERY new at this, and am quite intimidated by this site. I've thought about suggesting this forum create a "DVD-R for retards" section, but then nobody smart would show up to answer anybody's questions.

2. colw

colw Active member

Try moving your mouse pointer to the Guides, Software or Glossary tabs at the top of this page and click where appropriate.

All will be revealed.

3. maven1975

maven1975 Regular member

First thing i suggest you do is make sure that the DVD you have downloaded actually works.

To do this you can use Power DVD and open the Video_TS (If you have not done this already make sure all your VOB & IFO files are in a folder entitled VIDEO_TS) folder this will allow you to determine that everything is fine.

If this is o.k and you dont have to rencode to get it to fit on a blank DVD, you can then just load up Nero and drag all the VOB & IFO files into the VIDEO_TS folder that Nero will create when you choose the DVD Video option.

.IMG can be loaded into Nero and burnt as this is just a CD/DVD image.

Hope that helps ?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2005