1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vob files at 48mhz

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by vettdj, May 29, 2002.

1. vettdj

vettdj Member

A friend of mine has a sound card that can play better than the normal 44mhz that most rippers will give you on the vob files.

Is there any dvd ripping programs out there that will let you rip the vob files at higher than the 44mhz? He would like to get to at least 48mhz or higher.

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Eh? You're confusing now MegaHertz and kiloHertz. kHz is the audio frequency symbol normally used. And 44.1kHz is the same as on audio CD and 48kHz is the one used on DVDs. Simply select 48kHz or ignore the 44.1kHz downmixing in DivX guides what you read and you preserve the original frequency of the audio.

3. vettdj

vettdj Member

Sorry for the confusion. You knew what I was talking about. Thanks for the info. So if I was using smartripper, where would I do what you're talking about? I want to be sure I get this right.

4. sokristi

sokristi Guest

Smartripper will rip the sound at highest possible quality. It is what you do afterwards that matters.
    My preferred approach:
    1. Create a DVD2AVI project, demux the sound track only, don't decode. (creates an .AC3 file)
    2. Use Headac3he to convert .ac3 file to (48Khz)Wav
    (3. Also remember to convert DVD2AVI file to pseudo avi with VFAPI convert)
    4. Compress sound to MP3 when converting to DIVx with VirtualDub

Produces good sound, and I've never experienced any synch problems.

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2002