1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VOB not all there

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by hlmoffett, Aug 14, 2004.

1. hlmoffett

hlmoffett Member

hello, im trying to brun a dvd. im using smart ripper. i rip the dvd and evering thing looks good. but when i use dvd2avi it starts it 22 mins in to the moive i cant find the file missing the 22 min. is there anyone with some help for me plzsss. thank you in advance

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

It seems that the Movie wans"t Ripped in the Right Mode.....
    Make sure you rip the DVD in "Movie Mode" and if you did rip it in Movie Mode and are still missing the Beginning then Rip it in "Backup Mode" and go through every VOB file till you Find the Missing part...

Cheers

3. hlmoffett

hlmoffett Member

thanks for the info but already tried all of it, its wried it wont show me any of the VOB that i need, but it plays fine on my comp. but its ok i dont want that moive any more =P. but is there any 1 step program to make a vcd to a dvd. what i do is take out the mpeg file off the cd and make a dvd useing nero. is this cool or should i be doing something else "quality isnt very good"

TY

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

You can Put VCD"s on DVD without Re-encodeing the Video ,That way you don"t loose any Quality from going from VCD to DVD....

The VCD Standard and the SIF/CIF DVD Standard are allmost exactly the same accept that DVD"s need the audio to be at 48000hz and VCD audio is at 44100hz...
    So all you need to do to Put VCD"s on to DVD without any re-encodeing or Quality Loss is you just need to Resample the 44100hz VCD audio to 48000HZ and then use a DVD authoring program (Not Nero Vision Express because it will ALLWAYS Re-encode the Video and ruin the Quality) like "Tmpgenc DVD author" to Author the Files to DVD...
    When doing it this way you can get 4+ full VCD Movies on a Single DVD or 6 to 8 hours of Video on each DVD..

To do this you will Need a program Like "Tmpgenc" which you will use to "De-Multiplex" the Mpeg1/VCD files into seperate audio and Video files and then you use Tmpgenc to Resample the Audio file to 48000HZ and then take the resampled Audio file and the Video file and load them into Tmpgenc DVD author and add your Menu"s and Chapters and Burn the DVD....

It is best to wait till you have 4 or 5 VCD movies together and them author them all to the DVD instead of wasteing a whole DVD on a Single Movie...

Cheers

PS: Tmpgenc and Tmpgenc DVD author are 2 seperate programs....