1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VOBblanker

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by junjun2, Nov 15, 2005.

1. junjun2

junjun2 Member

where can i get this prog?

2. MaxBurn

MaxBurn Regular member

I just found your post while trying to find this program here on AD. It doesn't seem to be here, but it is at this location:
    http://jsoto.posunplugged.com/vobblanker.htm
    Hope that helps. I haven't used the program very much, so i cant help you on using it.

3. yromashin

yromashin Guest

Hello,
    I guess, you already have the following link:
    http://jsoto.posunplugged.com/vobblanker.htm
    I have used the program a few times. Works like a charm. Very simple, amazing that it is free. If you need help, check the "help" section. It has everything you need.
    Roma

4. 9mmruger1

9mmruger1 Regular member

I just downloaded it and am looking forward to checking it out.

Cheers.

5. Rick6

Rick6 Regular member

Roma You must be kidding. I down loaded the VOBblanker.Read through the help files . Hell I've go no clue even where to begin. I was and still am unable to copy Sky High. I went though DVD dycripter and the files are there in storage. Hope I can figure this out, but as of now, I haven't a clue where to begin. Are there supose to be some easy to follow step by step directions? If so maybe I'am missing them from my download.
    Rick.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2005
  6. MaxBurn

MaxBurn Regular member

I have used VOB blanker to remove the protection found on Madagascar. The program does look complicated when you first open it, but it is very easy to use. For Madagascar, all i did was supply the input folder (where DVD Decrypter extracted the file) Output folder (I called it Madagascar VOB) and hit process. I changed no settings and just did as i stated. The program processed the files, and Shrink had no problem making a backup from the VOB processed file.
    [​IMG]
    It was real easy to do, and this program takes care of the bad cell insertion trick. You can get the whole movie this way, and you don't need DvdFab Decrypter or AnyDVD to handle the Madagascar protection. I know this thread wasn't about that movie, i just used it as an example of how easy it is to use VOB blanker.

7. Rick6

Rick6 Regular member

Thanks for trying to help. I did what you said before I posted. The problem was that I would push the process button and get the error which said "check output file". Well,I had checked the output file and chose the desk top for my destination. Still, I keep getting the same error report. I'll try some more times and see if the same thing happens. Thanks.
    Rick

8. jmet

jmet Regular member

Choose somewhere else besides your "Desktop".

9. yromashin

yromashin Guest

Hello Rick,
    No, I was not kidding. I found everything I needed there. You can find more details on other forums, just check "VOBBlanker" as a keyword for search. I did.
    I always use DVD Decryptor to have files on my HD. VOB Blanker's "Help" advises to create a new folder for new version of the movie on another physical drive. I did not have enough room on my second drive, so I used my main one and created a new folder "PiratesVOBBlanker", for example.
    When you follow the picture given above, open your movie. Then you can analyze VOBs one by one. You have to click on the VOB in the upper screen twice to open it on tghe lower screen. Then check all components on the lower screen one by one to see if you need them. Use "preview' on the right to preview them.
    I am not writing the guide here, just a quick note, for I have seen a guide on one of the forums. If you have a problem, let us know, and I will find the guide for you or write it later. I repeat, it is easy to use program.
    Cheep up.
    Roma

10. yromashin

yromashin Guest

11. Rick6

Rick6 Regular member

Thanks Roma. I deleated my first download of VOBblanker and started over . This time it worked and I was finally able to back up Sky High. No doubt I'll be needing it again so I will remember this thread and know where to look next time I get stuck.
    Thanks for all your help.
    Do you think there would be any need for me to purchace AnyDVD now that I have VOBblanker? I hate to buy something I don't really need.
    Rick.

12. zhelpz

zhelpz Guest

Ok - just for all of you who have written here - Despite the fact that I do have Anydvd, FabDecryptor, and a few other choice backup programs, seems that I too had problems backing up my originals for Madagascar and Stealth. I did have to do a few tricks and turns to get them backed up. But wasted alot of time.

After reading posts done by Jaguargod, I searched for the vobblanker program. I have not had a chance to try it yet.

But I at least wanted to say [bold]thanks[/bold] to all of you who have written in this thread and hopefully this will be all I need for furture problems. I appreciate you providing the info you have to assist others.

13. yromashin

yromashin Guest

Hello Rick6,

I am happy that VOBBlanker finally works for you. I guess, I got lucky from my first installation. When I download a program, I am saving all info and guides in the folder. Then it is easy to find it if needed.
    I have never used anyDVD. Just like you I like a free stuff and am not in a rush to buy something without substantial test. So far I am happy with DVD Decryptor, DVD Shrink (If you have a problem in future, uninstall it, reboot your PC, install it back, reboot your PC - should work). The only software worth of buying is NERO ULTRA for a great number of features. People say it is on sale once in a while. I also have WinAVI and VSODivxToDVD (free) http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_tools/movie_collector.cfm
    which I used for converting avi and other video files into DVDs when I need it. NERO does it too with much better success.
    I also use AVI Codec http://avicodec.duby.info/ (free) for analysis. Good to know what you are dealing with.
    Best of luck.
    Roma

14. yromashin

yromashin Guest

Hello Rick6,

By the way, what do you need VOB Blanker for? Have you tried DVDShrink, Reauther? It does a wonderful job without complicated procedure of detailed analysis. Saves just a movie. Try it, it works fast and would be a great option for you to have.
    Roma

15. yromashin

yromashin Guest

16. macey

macey Guest

Maxburn, Hi..i just wanted to say i've had same trouble with dvd madagascar as everyone else and just wanted to say a big THANKYOU for your post using vobblanker, shrink opened the vobblanker output dvd files with no problems. since stumbeling upon this site 3 years ago,(with a burner in tow and no idea how to drive it) ive had heaps of help and have been able to learn soooo much about burning/copying/ripping/different methods ect.. ect.. ect.. and by what i read in other threads there are thousands of paths i yet to discover (hopefully not all at once) so..thank you heaps! and have a GREAT christmas. Cheers. Macey.

17. MaxBurn

MaxBurn Regular member

@macey
    You are very welcome :). But i am just passing on knowledge i learned here. Someone else figured out how to use VOB Blanker to get rid of the Madagascar type protection. I would give credit to that person, but i don't remember the thread where i first saw VOB Blanker being used to crack Madagascar, or who posted it. I did try VOB, and found it to be quick and easy, just adding one more step in the regular movie rip process. VOB Blanker i think intimidates some ppl the first time they try to use it. It does look complicated, and has lots of features i haven't explored yet, but, it is really easy to use for this case.
    I think by reading these posts and threads on DVD ripping, we are getting better than an Assoicates degree's worth information. I learn something new just about every time i look thru threads. Glad i could be of help, although i didn't do much here. This was waaay easier than pouring thru a Nero Vision log and finding all the errors :) . You and everyone else out there have a merry Christmas, and may Santa load you all up with Taiyo Yuden discs in your stocking this year!

18. waltg12

waltg12 Guest

Hello Maxburn,
    Ok I am kinda sorta new to this but has anyone tried to use the VOBblanker program and get the info directly from the DVD and then use shrink? to burn the disc? I am just curious, I have been racking my braqins on trying to back up a copy of the brother grimm disc.

any input would be good

Walter

by the way Happy Holidays!

19. waltg12

waltg12 Guest

ok so what I have done is get the info from the DVD with VOblanker saved the file in my DOCS and from my documnents I open the file with shrink and burn to a DVD. Simple, right? It only took me half the night! hopefully the next one will go quick and smooth

Wally

20. yromashin

yromashin Guest

Hello MaxBurn,
    I am trying to post a new guide on a forum. I do not know how to make pictures like the one you posted here on Blanker. It is very helpful for the guides. Could you please help?
    Roma