1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VOBs and VTS files not to be used in Subtitle Creator?

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by rstone, Mar 18, 2009.

1. rstone

rstone Guest

Ok, here's the thing. I tried to use various subtitle programs to add subs to various movies of mine. I generally have .srt subs. Only want one language subs.

1) Does Subtitle Creator need the movie file in AVI format (or comparable) before attempting to insert subs? (I tried inserting a movie file with its numerous VOBs and VTS files, and it didn't work.)

2) Which free subtitle creating program do you recommend as being user friendly?

Please help us out. Have several separate German and Japanese movies I want to add English subs to.

Cheers in advance.

2. rstone

rstone Guest

Anybody here know??!!

3. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

If you google "Insert subtitles into DVD", probably you will find some guides to DVDLab Pro and such, or using multiple tools to Demux/Convert/Re-mux.

http://dvd-rb.dvd2go.org/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=12

The easiest way I think would be to use something like DVD Flick(but you would lose the original menu. Since the video source will be DVD source,select the option so no encoding will be done.