1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VOBs without any other files

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by -mm-, Nov 27, 2005.

1. -mm-

-mm- Member

I dont know if this is the proper area for this, but I have concert footage which is rather large, and it is in DVD format, but for some reason the ISO is not working properly to split it using VOB Blanker. I think its missing some of the other necessary files. I wonder if there is a way to recreate the entire DVD, possibly with DVD-Rebuilder or something else.

Any information would be helpful. Thanks!!

2. UncasMS_3

UncasMS_3 Regular member

vobblanker cannot open ISO

if you definitely created an iso file you may open/load this iso with/into DAEMON-tools and then use vobblanker

in case you dont have an iSo but vobfiles instead with no iFo files then create ifos using ifoedit, which is a child's play

3. -mm-

-mm- Member

My mistake.... not an ISO (image file) I meant to type IFO. Anyway, so I think this IFO is corrupt or something. I encoded the whole 6gb of all the VOBs to AVI using Dr. Divx and it really looks horrible, not to mention the fact that when I did this, it dubbed the commentary right over the concert audio for the first 20 mins or more. So, I think I will need to figure out how to re-create all the DVD files as when I first tried using DVD Shrink to open this I get the error "Failed to open...Video_TS.IFO" The IFO file I have is not named Video_TS.IFO and when I rename it to that, it didn't work either.

Edit >>> Ok... it looks like I was able to re-create the IFO using IFOedit, although when I tried to split the DVD into two parts using IFOedit, I got an error message saying " No Navigation-pack found in VOB file(s). Looks like you're dealing with invalid VOB
    file(s).

Any ideas what I can do at this point? Thanks!!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2005