1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VobSub problem

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by triibik, Nov 14, 2007.

1. triibik

triibik Member

So, here's the somewhat bizarre problem.

It started with the last VobSub version already. Some subtitle files would mess up Windows Media Player.. it would open for a moment, but then immediately close. Not all subtitles did that, but some. Hoping perhaps this will fix the problem, I got the latest VobSub version. Now WMP does not close, but nor does it play the file properly.. The time is running, but the picture is blank, there is no sound, and the subtitles don't display either.
    The problem is obviously VobSub & the subtitles, because if you remove them, the same movie file plays just fine in WMP (no codec problems or anything). Also VobSub does play SOME subtitles normally, picture and sound and all, just not all (more don't play than do play). Looking at the subtitle files doesn't explain anything either (no obvious errors in the file).
    The same subtitle files work just fine with VLC media player.

Any insight welcome, or perhaps a recommendation for some alternative program to use for WMP and subtitles. =)
    Thanks!

2. attar

attar Senior member

I had this WMP problem when DirectVOBSub was installed.
    There was no video or audio when the video was associated with a .srt file.
    I uninstalled DirectVOBSub and installed VOBSub to correct it.

3. elba

elba Guest

Don't know what could cause your problem, but let's just say WMP doesn't like subtitles.

The best way to play your movie with almost every subtitle format is to download and install K-lite codec pack. Just google it.

Uninstall any other codec pack from your system before.